GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R owner! 2017 oryx white....

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had a 2013 s4. Traded it in and went back to BMW. The s4 was fast but, well, boring. Nothing wrong at all, point and shoot and the car went where directed but felt like driving a video game. Bmw also is now electric assist and not quite as dull as the s4 but is nothing like my old 2011 335. That car was exciting to drive. Given this back drop and your experience with the R, is the feeling really that much better? If so, I may be explaining a 3rd new car in 4 years to the wife. Thoughts.....

Test drives are free.....

vwauug

Ready to race!
I had a 2013 s4. Traded it in and went back to BMW. The s4 was fast but, well, boring. Nothing wrong at all, point and shoot and the car went where directed but felt like driving a video game. Bmw also is now electric assist and not quite as dull as the s4 but is nothing like my old 2011 335. That car was exciting to drive. Given this back drop and your experience with the R, is the feeling really that much better? If so, I may be explaining a 3rd new car in 4 years to the wife. Thoughts.....

Also, regarding explaining. It's easy...you decided to go the economical route and get a nice practical, gas efficient VW golf (never-mind the quad exhaust and race mode [emoji41]).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Also, regarding explaining. It's easy...you decided to go the economical route and get a nice practical, gas efficient VW golf (never-mind the quad exhaust and race mode [emoji41]).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
LMAO! You forgot the safety of AWD too :D

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats - You will really be impressed with the difference an ECU and TCU tune do for it (APR).
The new facelift tails look fantastic on the white as well.

vwauug

Ready to race!
Congrats - You will really be impressed with the difference an ECU and TCU tune do for it (APR).
The new facelift tails look fantastic on the white as well.

Thanks - was thinking of stage 1 APR...just got the window tinted today. Pinnacle F1 35% all around!

vwauug

Ready to race!
The closest R that ticks all the boxes for me is in Madison Wisconsin. And I'm in Baltimore. 13 hour drive each way :eek:

Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro