GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I can say that I've never had any tire to fender clearance, either with my ECS flush kit or my current 18x9 ET45 and 235/40-18 combo with this setup.

Ground clearance...well you're lowering a sporty hatchback. I avoid any rises or ruts in the road like the plague because I did smack my subframe once on a 2-3" chunk of built up pavement because there was a bit of a dip right before it. I would have cleared it fine just rolling over it, but the suspension compressed. That's why they sell steel oil pans and skid plates. That's just an issue with lowering cars, not specific to these springs.

EDIT: To give a bit more information on FTG measurements, my car is:

FR: 25"
FL: 25"
RR: 25.2"
RL: 25"

For a suspension that has 20k miles on it and isn't adjustable that is amazingly even. Never checked it myself before but I'm pleased.
Thanks for those measurements! I'll check them out against my car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Well I can say that I've never had any tire to fender clearance, either with my ECS flush kit or my current 18x9 ET45 and 235/40-18 combo with this setup.

Care to show pics with mentioned wheels?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Interesting. From everyone's measurement of finger widths and pictures, the drop looks to be more than 1.2in. I measured my stock GTI Sport 6MT last night, and that was 4 fingers worth of gap, which is about 3 inches. The photos I have seen of these springs show a 1 finger width gap. That would be a 2 inch drop, unless I'm not getting something.

I took before and after measurements (settled for 3 weeks). The GTF numbers aren't simplified to make it easier to read.

Before After
RF 26 8/16
RR 26 13/16
LF 26 9/16
LR 26 15/16

After
RF 25 2/16
RR 25 4/16
LF 25 3/16
LR 25 7/16

hawker800mech

Ready to race!
I’ve lived with the springs for a while now. The ride is good and the handling is awesome! My only feedback is this. I have DCC and tend to run in Sport (firm setting) all the time. I did not trim the front bump stops as some said it was not necessary or may damage the DCC shocks if I did. So, I hit the bump stops on bridge transitions and the like in Soft and Normal. Sport handles the abrupt road changes well. It doesn’t help that most of my driving is on concrete highways in Charlotte. Plus, it seems as if the damping is very well suited in Sport setting. Any other input is welcome.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
I took before and after measurements (settled for 3 weeks). The GTF numbers aren't simplified to make it easier to read.

Before After
RF 26 8/16
RR 26 13/16
LF 26 9/16
LR 26 15/16

After
RF 25 2/16
RR 25 4/16
LF 25 3/16
LR 25 7/16
Thanks! Your before measurements match my car. I appreciate it.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Care to show pics with mentioned wheels?

Not sure if AtlantaDad's post had the post# linked but:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=567843&postcount=9

Also a few from my build thread (which I guess I should link in my sig :eek: ):

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=554372&postcount=54

scofies

For those of you with these springs, have you had problems with the AFS or headlight height after installation? I want to get the springs installed, but am worried about it throwing off the headlight range or causing the adaptive lighting to no longer work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hawker800mech

Ready to race!

parallax

Ready to race!

Over 15,000 miles right now and still rides pretty well. A little firmer than when I first installed them, and I'm thinking of upgrading to Bilstein B8s this summer.

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed

Ground clearance...well you're lowering a sporty hatchback. I avoid any rises or ruts in the road like the plague because I did smack my subframe once on a 2-3" chunk of built up pavement because there was a bit of a dip right before it. I would have cleared it fine just rolling over it, but the suspension compressed. That's why they sell steel oil pans and skid plates. That's just an issue with lowering cars, not specific to these springs.

EDIT: To give a bit more information on FTG measurements, my car is:

FR: 25"
FL: 25"
RR: 25.2"
RL: 25"

For a suspension that has 20k miles on it and isn't adjustable that is amazingly even. Never checked it myself before but I'm pleased.

I just picked up a 2019 7.5 R and my FTG on a 19" wheel is:
26.5 frt and rear

My previous Mk7 GTI was on VWR and 19" wheels
FTG was 25.25"

Every car I've ever owned has been lowered one way or another, but man the ride of the stock Golf R wtih DCC is so nice. I'd probably be happy if it were 15mm lower, but I''m worried about dropping it 30mm, if that is what the ED springs are going to do.

H&R has a VHT (adjustable kit) but expensive at roughly $700, and I believe the Eibachs are less of a drop (but progressive rate) and prefer a linear spring.

Thomas (ED) has a special going on for springs and install right now, so really considering going this route.

Last edited:

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
I’ve had these installed on stock struts since 20k. Now approaching 60k and the ride is getting bouncy. Driving the city streets of Chicago suck. Luckily I’m a commuter and all highway miles for me. In retrospect I wish these went lower. I’ll be replacing soon with ST XT coilovers. Also my WRX lasted longer with lowering springs and stock struts.

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, just got these installed a few days ago.

Initial impression (comparing to the GTI with VWR springs)
I feel like these are slightly softer rate then the VWR springs, the car rides pretty close to the way it felt on stock springs, until you hit a larger bump, but on small to medium stuff it feels great. Have not really noticed any major bottoming out, and DCC works perfectly in all modes. Comfort is still pretty comfortable. Race is slightly stiffer.
Overall very satisfied. They seam to be about 5mm less low then the VWR's.
I will take some more measurements in a few days and post up later.
BTW, I did have the optional rear pads installed.
This may be why I don't seam to be hitting the bump stops on some roads that did on the VWR's.