GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

245/35/19 on 9,5x19"

aleksanight

Hey, I just got my new MK7 and I am looking for new wheels :D

I was wondering if I can fit 245/35/19 tires on 9,5x19" rims, on rear wheels and 225/35/19 on 8,5x19" rims on front wheels.

I am not worried about the front wheels, but I am worried about rubbing on the rear wheels? I am thinking ET45, would it work?

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
You should be able to make it work, I'm running 9 et45 with 265/30. I can fit my finger between the wheel and the uni-body all the way around in the rear so adding another 1/4" is possible. I wouldn't recommend going much lower of an offset because it will definitely rub.

This is how mine sits with the camber at -1.8

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Hey, I just got my new MK7 and I am looking for new wheels :D

I was wondering if I can fit 245/35/19 tires on 9,5x19" rims, on rear wheels and 225/35/19 on 8,5x19" rims on front wheels.

I am not worried about the front wheels, but I am worried about rubbing on the rear wheels? I am thinking ET45, would it work?

A 9.5" wide wheel is going to need a lot of camber and a fairly stretched tire to clear in the rear IMO.

Not a Golf, but this was a 245/35-19 Michelin PSS on a 19x9.5 ET45 wheel on my old CC:

Alignment Comparison by Jon Collier, on Flickr

left frame is -1.3, right is -2.0 degrees camber. I wasn't low, but I had no rubbing issues once some camber was added. On a Golf, that's a lot of wheel and tire (diameter) and I think you're going to be poking and rubbing without some aggressive camber and possibly a narrower tire.