GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic Auto Air Recirculation

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
There’s an air quality sensor that monitors incoming air and automatically closes/recirculates is needed. I’ve noticed if behind a truck or some car with an overwhelming exhaust smell the car will recirculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
There’s an air quality sensor that monitors incoming air and automatically closes/recirculates is needed. I’ve noticed if behind a truck or some car with an overwhelming exhaust smell the car will recirculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll have to try it.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The light doesn't come on but you do notice a lack of smell from fire smoke, truck fumes, etc. You don't miss having to suddenly dive for the recirc button when you see a smelly fume cloud lol.

hal

Ready to race!
I always thought the light does come on. At least that's what it does in mine. When Auto is on, the air circulation light comes on and off on it's own.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I wondered this myself. Just to be clear, you all have the Auto Circulation box checked? Does it matter if you are using the Auto fan/system button above the Menu button? I never use that function.

I haven't had the opportunity to be behind a diesel truck yet, but I do go by a waste water treatment plant every week or so which will make you gag. Does it work on this type of stink or only particulates like soot or smoke?

And I believe we still have the automatic recirc function when you put the shifter in reverse, so you don't get your own exhaust fumes.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Code it with VCDS to always on/last used and forget it

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Golf R1

Ready to race!
Code it with VCDS to always on/last used and forget it

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
I have it coded this way but if I power off AC the light turns off. I have to push the recirc button to get it to light up (while off). I don't know of a way to keep recirculating on always regardless of whether climate control is on or off. Bottom line, I prefer not to have "fresh" air enter the cabin while driving.

adam1991

Banned
For the record, recirc does NOT close off the entire outside air completely. There is always fresh air entering the cabin.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have it coded this way but if I power off AC the light turns off. I have to push the recirc button to get it to light up (while off). I don't know of a way to keep recirculating on always regardless of whether climate control is on or off. Bottom line, I prefer not to have "fresh" air enter the cabin while driving.

Hope you wash you feet often. :)