GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My R-Line DSG

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up my 17' R-Line 2.0 TDI DSG on 28th December.

Don't seem to see any on this forum! I love the looks of the R and GTD, but given my age, need a sensible engine for my insurance tax and mpg so this car was the perfect fit. I traded in a standard 13' 1.6 SE in Limestone Grey for this and super happy. It's actually my 3rd MK7. Having had a pure white SE which I traded for a scirocco r line, until the garage broke it (long story).

Haven't really planned any mods - I've got 2y 2 months main dealer warranty left. I added a set of Genuine white trimmed VW mats.
I had thought about paddle shift extenders and possibly respraying wheels to a darker anthracite to current colour. They are Salvador alloys. Only factory upgrades are winter pack, the alloys and car net app connect. Coming from a car with MIB 1 the 2 is such a huge step up and moving android auto.

I also really like the cornering lights - my Dad had them on his Scirocco R and always liked them. It's also my first DSG, I was unsure at dealers and car was at another one so I drove a tiguan r line dsg and loved it.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Cool. Where are you from? Scirocco and rline golf are not us cars I believe. People here would love sciroccos.

Cornering lights are wonderful for sure

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Cool. Where are you from? Scirocco and rline golf are not us cars I believe. People here would love sciroccos.

Cornering lights are wonderful for sure

Sciroccos aren’t long for this world unfortunately - they’re selling the last ones off at a huge discount right now and apparently there’s no new model on the cards.

I’ve always liked the scirocco but the trim levels have never kept up with the golf and they’re a lot less practical for similar money and performance.

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
How do I get my pic to show? Thought I'd cracked it!

I'm in the UK. Had a 14' 2.0 TDI scirocco r line which was great until the damage the garage caused to it. Lost enthusiasm for it and cut my losses and took a 13' 1.6 golf in the meantime till I could build back up to an R Line. Scirocco here in UK are old hat now. Whilst they are awesome looking cars they are really just a mk6 golf. My 13 golf had much newer technology than it.

Unfortunately they've stopped production for a t roc. My dad has had two rocco's a 2.0 Tsi gt and a scirocco R. But he wouldn't have one now, even when the showrooms have £9000k off remaining brand new R's!

I've come to realise there aren't really any other r lines kicking about on this forum!

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Use tapatalk app or upload the pics to a site that allows hotlinking. App works great. Really the only way to read forums on your phone. Most don't have reflexive coding for the text tables..

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Use tapatalk app or upload the pics to a site that allows hotlinking. App works great. Really the only way to read forums on your phone. Most don't have reflexive coding for the text tables..

Thanks! Just installed Tapatalk. Let's see if this works...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup looks clean. Front bumper is nice. Wonder if jb4 wrks on this =]

Jb4 is a tune right? I got 2 years 2 months factory warranty left so unfortunately can't good anything.

I looked at a British site called bluefin and basic stage 1 takes it to 184 same as a gtd.

Yeah bumper is pretty nice- gets fogs and cornering lights unlike the R as that space isn't need for air flow. It has exactly same interior as R apart from the lovely blue needles on the dash.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
I had Superchips Bluefin on my old A3 - very subtle but definitely notice the increase in ummph.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Jb4 is a tune right? I got 2 years 2 months factory warranty left so unfortunately can't good anything.

I looked at a British site called bluefin and basic stage 1 takes it to 184 same as a gtd.

Yeah bumper is pretty nice- gets fogs and cornering lights unlike the R as that space isn't need for air flow. It has exactly same interior as R apart from the lovely blue needles on the dash.

JB4 is an adjustable plug and play tuning box. It doesn't remap the ECU so it doesn't leave any traces (supposedly) once it's removed. It tricks the ECU into making more boost.

I just briefly looked up Bluefin and looks like they remap the ECU. Any ECU remaps are flagged by VW's system if you ever need powertrain warranty work done. At least that's how it works in North America, not sure if it applies to UK/EU.

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
JB4 is an adjustable plug and play tuning box. It doesn't remap the ECU so it doesn't leave any traces (supposedly) once it's removed. It tricks the ECU into making more boost.

I just briefly looked up Bluefin and looks like they remap the ECU. Any ECU remaps are flagged by VW's system if you ever need powertrain warranty work done. At least that's how it works in North America, not sure if it applies to UK/EU.

Ahh cool thanks. I'm probably gonna leave it as have just over 2 years warranty left. I'll just buy a GTD next time ? gonna aim for indium grey 7.5 with clubsport alloy option. Gonna keep this though until it needs it's first MOT.