GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs veloster r spec

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
I had a random run with a veloster today, he was driving spiritedly, I decided to give him a shot, we both turned on to a 4 lane road, him first, as soon as I turned he went all in, he had two cars on me from his early jump, I spun through most of second, when I shifted to 3rd I was able to close the gap, I had a passenger he was solo, he did the whole salty no look routine when I pulled up next to him. The thing is, I’ve ran another one of these out here and I was only able to put maybe 2 cars 0-100. I always expect them to be slower that they are. My car is jb4 map2, intake, downpipe 297/335.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Definitely tuned. I had a Fiesta ST with hybrid turbo putting down 292hp/296 lb/ft and I would destroy any veloster turbo I ever ran.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
After doing some research, I’ve discovered there is a really popular Hyundai tuner that’s local out here, I guessed they would be tuned too, it’s just unfortunate to have such an ugly car be able to give us a rough time. Going to need a proper stage2 tune this spring. I’ve heard tunes they are good for around 280, I just assumed that was crank, maybe it’s wheel. Nevertheless you stock fellas out there, beware that veloster, it’s going to be worse when the N arrives here.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Eh. Variety is the spice of life. For those of you that like to go, just more cars to at it with.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Stop flooring it if you are spinning your tires. You can modulate the gas to help with traction. Pretty sure your adrenaline took over so all that goes out the window.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Stop flooring it if you are spinning your tires. You can modulate the gas to help with traction. Pretty sure your adrenaline took over so all that goes out the window.

It was wet, should have added that. I’m on summers too, you are right though, a little less gas would have certainly helped, I underestimated how quick it would be.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Eh. Variety is the spice of life. For those of you that like to go, just more cars to at it with.

This. I can't understand the hate some have for other hatches, or even the GTI itself if they switch. The more vehicles in our segment, the better. It promotes competition at the manufacturer level to make a better product. Is it any wonder the Mk8 is dropping in 2019, with substantially upgraded performance and features, right when Hyundai is dropping the Veloster N state-side at the same time? I think not.

Looking forward to what the Veloster N can do.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I have never driven a Veloster but sat in one at a car show a few years back. At same show sat in the BRZ, New MK7, Mazda 3. When I was in my early 20's I owned and 85 and 88 CRX. With the 88 being an Si, as it was at the time. The Veloster reminded me of the CRX. Similar size and feel. The third door allows good access to rear and seats in back not bad to sit in. Fold seats and you have hatch storage. A versatile car for a young person.

A video I found.
FYI.

https://youtu.be/PH9Y6D88G0U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
Hyundai bought my Veloster Turbo back from me in December.

racerx20

Ready to race!
I caught one of these right after I purchased my car on an empty freeway otw to work one morning. I didn't have any issue pulling away from him from 60 to ~100mph.