GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Exhaust Crackle Now Available

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Why would anyone do this? Seems like a strange thing to do and annoying for the rest of the world around you? Just curious

cararuben

Hey Cararuben, I've seen some videos where tuners let the pops and bangs go on for a very long time after lifting off the throttle. Some are quite excessive. We don't do that. It should be short crackle, about one for each cylinder at lower rpm. If something is truly off, shoot our support guys an email and we'll look: support@goapr.com

Thank you Arin for your reply. I just sent two emails, first with video of current version v2.5.3 and another email attaching video with v2.5, it is much the difference. thank you very much for the help, I am waiting.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Hey Cararuben, I've seen some videos where tuners let the pops and bangs go on for a very long time after lifting off the throttle. Some are quite excessive. We don't do that. It should be short crackle, about one for each cylinder at lower rpm. If something is truly off, shoot our support guys an email and we'll look: support@goapr.com

I can't stand the extended popcorn bangs that most other tuners set. I'm not with APR (Cobb tuned) but you guys have the best pops and bangs around.

HappyHokie

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Former MK7 SE
Anyone know if the pops happen when in custom driving mode? I’ve seen that in normal it’s off and sport it’s on, but is it still off when you select custom?

GaryKYLee

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if the pops happen when in custom driving mode? I’ve seen that in normal it’s off and sport it’s on, but is it still off when you select custom?

Based on my observation, it's activated/deactivated based on your engine setting in the custom menu.

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed

This is the most confusing to me. I still don't understand what takes it on and off. I can pop all the time in normal. I know everyone says it's off in normal, but even between shifts, I'm still popping.

I don't mind it, I'm just saying. APR told me that the previous file may not have been 100% right, which was true from all the issues that were reported. But this new file is strong and runs great....yet I still crack and pop in normal. It's not as much as it is in sport mode, by its definitely noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
This is the most confusing to me. I still don't understand what takes it on and off. I can pop all the time in normal. I know everyone says it's off in normal, but even between shifts, I'm still popping.

I don't mind it, I'm just saying. APR told me that the previous file may not have been 100% right, which was true from all the issues that were reported. But this new file is strong and runs great....yet I still crack and pop in normal. It's not as much as it is in sport mode, by its definitely noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you catless? Do you have full exhaust system?

cararuben

hi, a lot apr that if it is the best but has a post-sale service, I have followed all the steps that informed me and I have not received a sad news of the problem that I have seen, I just will not mount more apr and I will comment it for more know of this attitude, since the guarantee that the software has, where is it ?, commented, apr nothing is cool, I apologize for my English, a greeting for all

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Just had mine updated with this feature.

It's not as loud as everyone makes it out to be and is not like turning dfco completely off on a narrow pulse width injector(see all direct injected setups) which is a full on fully automatic gun firing the whole time you're off the accelerator.

This is two to three pops/crackles on a downshift and over run. That's it. You can make it ridiculous by simply free revving, but then you're being that guy, and nobody likes that guy...

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Would be great if it only occurred at a higher rpm threshold so it doesn’t pop at sub 2-3k rpm rev matching.

Still odd that it pops on heel-toe/rev match but I guess it counts as free rev. The only thing is people have complained that it still does it even when sport mode is enabled.

I can see how annoying and loud it can get if you have a louder exhaust and trying to stay silent below 3k rpm, even if it only pops two to three times.