GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Would be helpful to have the part numbers for the trim and lcd panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are listed in the screenshots from crxgator.

However there is some question on whether or not the same cluster should be used for an R. Spoke with Cameron and he is researching it a bit.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Maybe I missed this...but are you able to change the mileage on the virtual cluster to match your existing mileage?

Might be something I'll be interested in once my drivetrain warranty is expired.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Maybe I missed this...but are you able to change the mileage on the virtual cluster to match your existing mileage?

Might be something I'll be interested in once my drivetrain warranty is expired.

These days mileage is stored in the ECU not the cluster.

vrod

Ready to race!
Lol that guy found the topic I started on the RT forums. :) I know I made that picture beautifully in Paint.

Nevertheless, I did it back in August/September. Was probably one of the first to do it so there wasn’t much info out there.

I was coming from a MIB 1 discover media so I also had to get a new MIB 2 discover pro/media. Got a good offer on a facelift Discover Pro (300€ more than non-facelift so why not). While I was at work I found the AID and made an offer. Got it for half the price (600€)

Since I have Dynaudio I also needed a new amplifier. Here’s my compiled list of what i needed for it all:

- AID
- DP (Facelift)
- Trims for AID and DP
- The optical splitter for the cluster (for the map in the AID)
- New amplifier from MIB 2 (Dynaudio only)

I went to MMI-Repair-Center in Belgium to get the unit-cracking and AID-adaption done. All been working fine so far. Unfortunately the cluster did not have under 100km on the counter so I haven’t been able to adjust the km’s to what the car has really gone. Not really a problem though since I don’t plan to sell it before it dies.

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
Now that we've got the FL tails retrofit figured out (minus some fault code :rolleyes:), what's the consensus with regards to the MK 7.5 digital cockpit?

I've read about about a shop in the UK that has performed several of these retrofits but I can't find any information about the retrofit as a DIY.

Anyone know of any part numbers or links with additional information? The cost of the pats and complexity of the installation/coding may make me pass up on this upgrade but I am still curious to know.:D

I have a 2017 Alltrack SE here in the US. Is the digital cockpit even possible with an Alltrack? Thanks!!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have heard from some people that these clusters don't go dim enough at night. You might want to wait and sit in one at night before committing to an expensive retrofit.

I know this was posted a while ago but if the VW version is the same or almost the same to the Audi digital cockpit you will be very happy, my A4 is 2 years old now and I love the DCockpit at first it looks complicated or gimmicky but it’s actually a very smart system and to be honest sometimes I manually set the daytime mode at night (nav)but can still dim it and if you are using the the conventional dials is just in black and white so it’s very easy on the eyes here a few pics with the different modes. Personally I will not do a retrofit on my GTI but it is great system on the Audi and I would expect it to be on VW as well.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
It's not like the Audi the gauges don't go anywhere near that small.. Was playing with one in the dealership and the Audi one is way better IMO, but the VW is still pretty good.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So the new cluster automatically reads the correct mileage?

Pretty sure the cluster is just displaying the ECU value.