GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Well after inquiring turns out Fi exhaust is way more than I thought. That puts me back at Downpipe or coilovers haha.

Also, I’ve seen some ppl on here w 17x8 wheels running 245/40 instead of 235/45 and I’m curious to try that setup in the summer for even more grip. Super meaty setup which I also dig the look of. Love my extreme contact sports(235/45), less than 4K miles on them, but I might try a trade/sale for the 245/40. Trying to feel out what setup works best for me.

Someone posted this as a comparison

Also, Bilstein’s are back ordered so I’m not sure what the wait on those might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
That system really does sound amazing!

Yeah shame it’s 32 Hundo ?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Well turns out Fi exhaust is way more than I thought. That puts me back at Downpipe or coilovers haha.

Also, I’ve seen some ppl on here w 17x8 wheels running 245/40 instead of 235/45 and I’m curious to try that setup in the summer for even more grip. Super meaty setup which I also dig the look of. Love my extreme contact sports(235/45), less than 4K miles on them, but I might try a trade/sale for the 245/40. Trying to feel out what setup works best for me.

There's always AWE for exhaust and or downpipe. Their HQ and manufacturing center is in Philly. Check them out if you get a chance. They will even do a tour if you'd like :cool:

I'm very happy with my track > Touring systems. I went touring because I know I'm going from stock to stage 2 soon using AWE's downpipe.

All that said, really depends on what you want. stock but a bit louder with more power? DP should be good. more noise? add a catback.

Want to lower the car? Coilovers are the best bet. Bilstein is probably my first choice for budget minded buyers. The PSS/B14 is height adjustable, but NOT adjustable for damping.

Good review for those coilovers are here:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Here’s some less expensive mods I’m after:

And this thing is just too f’n great: https://youtu.be/ZrECCReiVyQ

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
why studs?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
why studs?

Convenience. I hate lug bolts and they’re painstaking for removing/putting on wheels. Studs make much more sense, plus they look better.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Convenience. I hate lug bolts and they’re painstaking for removing/putting on wheels. Studs make much more sense, plus they look better.

Studs are also more prone to strip and snap :p

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Studs are also more prone to strip and snap :p

A lug hole can also get stripped from taking lug bolts in/out constantly, and that’s an even pricier fix.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
A lug hole can also get stripped from taking lug bolts in/out constantly, and that’s an even pricier fix.

Not denying that at all... Just saying that studs, at least factory ones, are more likely to experience snapping or stripping.
High quality aftermarket studs are less likely to experience this issue though.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ordered from ECS. There were some cheaper options out there but hard to find ball seat lugs and the right sized studs. These work up to 10mm spacers which is perfect [emoji108] as I’m running 4mm/7mm.

Last edited: