GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 LP Headlights

silverturtle

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I suspect it's unlikely that your base 7.5 would accept mk7 LP reps. I think it's understood the fender shape will prevent interchangeability.
However, if you're looking for the reps, here's a link to the gti 7.5 reps (for the 7.5 model) GTI Red and the silver ones: here

kubo777

How deos the self leveling work in OEM headlights? If the reps are coming without it, can this be retrofitted from OEM lights? Not sure I want to yet, but I do like the 7.5 style a bit more.

vrod

Ready to race!
You would have to have the entire headlight taken apart and move motors and everything over. In addition to that you would need to find a place to put the control modules, needed dor the functionality to work.

However it should be possible to retrofit the 7.5 lights with DLA onto the 7.

vrod

Ready to race!
Would you be able to elaborate on the parts you swapped (with partnumbers)? As well as letting us know how the progress went? It would be helpful for a lot of people, including myself. Sharing is caring!

Nsknick

Ready to race!
PLEASE be wary when ordering reps from Aliexpress, I had a horrible experience with mine. Arrived broken (They would not give me a refund unless I paid to ship them back to China, yes you heard that right, they want me to pay to return broken merchandise). You will have to re pin your connectors, as well as do a bit of coding. I highly encourage people to wait for ED to come out with reps before spending money on garbage replica headlights. Just my 2 cents

Extreme VW

PLEASE be wary when ordering reps from Aliexpress, I had a horrible experience with mine. Arrived broken (They would not give me a refund unless I paid to ship them back to China, yes you heard that right, they want me to pay to return broken merchandise). You will have to re pin your connectors, as well as do a bit of coding. I highly encourage people to wait for ED to come out with reps before spending money on garbage replica headlights. Just my 2 cents

I used all OE parts just for that fact

Extreme VW

Last edited:

carbonfold

Passed Driver's Ed
Was the center grille required to be replaced? I've read several times about bumper cover and fenders but notta on the center grille assy.