GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yes, I agree that it would be nice to have the extra space.

TBH: The GTI has plenty of space inside the vehicle. The vehicles that Jon needs the "extra" space in usually don't have that much interior space in them (other than the RS6 Avant).
I've gone on vacation for a week at the beach with my family (wife and one kid) and we fit everything in my GTI without a problem.

For the GTIRS, it's just his style that he added to the car. IMHO: It just doesn't work with the build. Neither does an air ride suspension.
For me, it's like putting on dress shoes to run a foot race.

Yeah well like I said I also have two dogs (100lbs mutt and 60lbs Spaniel), it's nice to give them and my son the whole back of the car. I literally fit everything we packed in the box. Maybe I'm OCD but I can't stand having luggage anywhere but the hatch/trunk area so even if they weren't coming I'd probably use it.

Back to the OP, are you still doing the Rocket Bunny kit?

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
In a show car like that there is absolutely no space inside the car for personal equipment.

That being said I would love to know where Sam got those roof bars that dip...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
In a show car like that there is absolutely no space inside the car for personal equipment.

Might be custom made.
The upright supports do not look like they fit. Like they are off the edge.
Maybe I am just not used to racks.
I have thought about a rack but to clear a sunroof I would need taller supports.
I like the look of the shorter ones I could live with as I do not always open the sunroof and only I driven it. I also would not leave rack on all the time. I do not think the lower rack would be an issue as long as I remember.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

I'm gonna make a set for my car one of these days, if you're interested I can make another set for you.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Roof boxes are just a fad right now.
Sure they can be useful, but really it's just "cool" to have right now.
Gotta get those scene points!

Just saw someone with a sedan trying to design a set-up like that R8 has.
You have a full roof...why hang the box off the back when you don't need to?
Oh yeah, right, because it's "cool".

But don't get me wrong I actually really like the "GTIRS".
Saw it in person at Sebring last year and it is pretty impressive.

Last edited: