GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clean Ya @$$ - Official Badge/Wiper Delete Thread

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Man I did this on the first day I got the car. Came home from the dealership, grabbed some fishing wire heat gun and label remover then done. Rear wiper I bought a plug and some silicone for lowes cost about $5! Then installed an E Golf hatch handle because who doesn't love the blue accents. And it's fun to troll people who think it's actually an whole lol.

Has anyone shaved or painted heir rear reflectors yet?

spiker369

on air, don't care
For everyone doing the wiper delete, did you code the wiper off in vcds or did you just uninstall the motor and be done with it? Only asking since I coded it off on my mk6 but not sure on this platform.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
For everyone doing the wiper delete, did you code the wiper off in vcds or did you just uninstall the motor and be done with it? Only asking since I coded it off on my mk6 but not sure on this platform.

Just uninstalled it. No coding required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

spiker369

on air, don't care
Just have to do the GTI badge now. The white in the emblem is vinyl I got from my neighbor so it doesn't match but better than having BBHD! Getting the chrome emblem off was a bitch on this car, so much harder than the mk6, glad I decided to remove the latch housing to do it.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Just have to do the GTI badge now. The white in the emblem is vinyl I got from my neighbor so it doesn't match but better than having BBHD! Getting the chrome emblem off was a bitch on this car, so much harder than the mk6, glad I decided to remove the latch housing to do it.

How time consuming was it to remove the entire latch?

spiker369

on air, don't care
How time consuming was it to remove the entire latch?

Super quick to remove the latch itself. I did it multiple times on my mk6 so it was very similar here. I choose to remove the two bolts holding the drain tube and leaving that in the car, 3 bolts hold the latch to the body, remove those and unplug the 3 wires then twist clockwise 1/4" and it pulls out from the inside.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Just did mine today. $23 for the heat gun, $2 for fishing line, $10 for some scratch remover and it came out great after a good wash.

And now I have a heat gun for when I install the All-fit lip and scratch remover for the nicks in the paint i get from all my highway driving :)

Attachments

• 20170106_153738 (1).jpg
    20170106_153738 (1).jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 20170106_153815 (1).jpg
    20170106_153815 (1).jpg
    290 KB · Views: 1,172