GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro LED Tail Lights with Mods for Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Hi All

As you know the OEM LED Tail lights look great, however some re-wiring is needed and coding is needed to make these lights work fully and properly for our cars here in North America. These are also very expensive...

I have put together a potentially great deal for all of you, and need a volunteer to test and try out them out.

I am using a set of FAW-VW OEM LED Tail lights. These are the Chinese VW market lights. These ARE NOT replicas, they are made by FAW-VW, not any different than the relationship that VW has with SEAT or Skoda, or one of the many other auto manufacturers.

I have sold the 2012+ OEM LED Tiguan tail lights as well, and have zero issues or complaints with them as well.

The tail lights have been modified as per the instructions found here, thanks to MK7Norway and others, so they are almost a complete plug and play install. You still need to run the wires from the outer to inner tail lights, but internal re-wiring has been done for you. Some coding may be needed as per what is posted on the forums here.

If you are interested in participating, let me know. I will let you know the cost, etc and if the lights dont work at all, I be happy to take them back and give you a full refund. You need to have access to a vag-com and be willing to do some coding to diagnostic work, etc.

If you have questions, let me know as well.

PM or email me at: edward@becautoparts.com

Here are the photos:

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
Already emailed you as requested in the first post but I am interested as well. Have a VCDS cable/software and have done some fairly extensive coding so far and the car hasn't exploded yet so I count it as a success.

Msadlow

Hey Ed,

Two questions and an assumption. The assumption is that you still need to run the turn signal wire through the hatch and that from there they are plug and play, no coding required. The questions are:

1. what kind of price point are we looking at for these?

2. Are they still cherry red or are they tinted like the Golf R lights?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Hey Ed,

Two questions and an assumption. The assumption is that you still need to run the turn signal wire through the hatch and that from there they are plug and play, no coding required. The questions are:

1. what kind of price point are we looking at for these?

2. Are they still cherry red or are they tinted like the Golf R lights?

We are still doing some testing, what we are trying to do is make a plug and play adapter harness, so one end goes to the tail light, and the other end to the car's tail light harness. To procure the correct plugs is the hard part as you cant just buy them at the dealer.

The other thing is it seems the color of wires, number of wires seem to vary abit between some of the DIYs in European VWs, and the North American ones, so need to sort that out.

The wire from the outer light to the inner brake light has to be ran, as there is simply no wires for the brake light in the inner tail.

1. For prices, I'm hoping to keep it under $600, less without the harness. Lights do work, but just as stock tails in terms of function.

2. For now, cherry reds is what I have, I will look into seeing if I can get the darker red ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.