GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
https://datazap.me/u/crees9/log-1508123372?log=1&data=1-2-3-4-6-9-11-12-14-18-25-26-27-28

this is a is12 downpipe log from october now that i am IS20 never had a chance for good weather to really log... the ign1 in this log looks good ... rule of thumb is increase boost 2 PSI from ur best is12 map? if so that means i can peak 23 psi for the IS20 in 50-60+ Fahrenheit weather. Also what is the peak difference for is12 vs is20 i forgot the exact difference between them.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
https://datazap.me/u/crees9/log-1508123372?log=1&data=1-2-3-4-6-9-11-12-14-18-25-26-27-28

this is a is12 downpipe log from october now that i am IS20 never had a chance for good weather to really log... the ign1 in this log looks good ... rule of thumb is increase boost 2 PSI from ur best is12 map? if so that means i can peak 23 psi for the IS20 in 50-60+ Fahrenheit weather. Also what is the peak difference for is12 vs is20 i forgot the exact difference between them.

That’s not a rule of thumb. An IS20 will make more power at the same boost. It just moves the rpm range up a bit. I had a max target of 18.5-19 on the IS12 and 93. With the IS20 the max target is 20. A lower FOL will make the trims worse. The more fuel you need, the higher the FOL needs to be. Some guys have issues once 80 or above though. The key is to find the happy balance between FOL, AFR, trims and timing advance for your car. If one of them doesn’t work, then you need to lower things down. The next step further is adding some e85 and larger injectors or a meth injection set up

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Trims do go into the high 40's. I tried FOL 80 once and the car went into limp mode just before shifting to 4th. Happened a couple of times so I backed it off.

If your in the 40’s you’re good. Everyone’s car behaves differently. Like I said above to Chris, it’s just getting it dialed in for your car ?

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.

I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Dumb question, and I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere (I can only assume it has). Is the only difference between jb4 2.0t and 1.8t the stock maps?

Someone's selling a JB4 w/ BT locally for a price I cannot pass up, but he had it on his golf R, and I'm wondering if it'll work on my 1.8t.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Dumb question, and I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere (I can only assume it has). Is the only difference between jb4 2.0t and 1.8t the stock maps?

Someone's selling a JB4 w/ BT locally for a price I cannot pass up, but he had it on his golf R, and I'm wondering if it'll work on my 1.8t.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

No difference at all. Buy it.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
If you don't mind me asking, what parts did you need to mate the OEM Golf R DP to the OEM Alltrack catback? I read you need a 65mm OD to 60mm OD reducer, is that right? Thanks for any info.

Installed my Gutted Golf R downpipe today and upped the boost.

Info - Alltrack, DSG, IS12, gutted downpipe, BMS TIP, K&N filter
Fuel - E30 - FOL 70 - Ambient Temp - 39*

Seems good to me. Think I could up the boost a bit? I do see trims are mid 40s.

https://datazap.me/u/crxgator/alltr...wnpipe-0?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-11-14-18-25-26-27

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Currently, I have the golf r downpipe and golf r resonator / midpipe. I’ll be having a custom rear exhaust made shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion
Did the Golf R DP and midpipe bolt up to your Alltrack's rear exhaust? I thought a reducer was needed?

Currently, I have the golf r downpipe and golf r resonator / midpipe. I’ll be having a custom rear exhaust made shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekends. Quick question about the JB4. When loading Map 0,1,2 should there be any numbers filled in in the custom settings portion? I have Uni Stage 2 with APR Intake and DP and when playing with different settings I don't see any real difference with the Maps. I'm sure there is some difference but I won't be able to feel it, only see it on a dyno chart which I plan on doing some time in the near future. Thanks for the responses and hope you have a great weekend.

Armchair Racer

Go Kart Champion