GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay side skirts

afman916

Ready to race!
I did see eBay ones. The reason I went with these as they are exact replica of R skirts including mounting point underneath the body whereas eBay ones don't have those mounting points. I wouldn't be surprised if they all are made at the same factory in China haha.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Great, that's exactly what I was thinking as well re: the mounting points and just looking sturdier.

Had you checked out these at all?

https://www.shopdap.com/catalog/product/view/id/381870

afman916

Ready to race!
Sure have. They hang a bit lower where R skirts are tucked in if it makes any sense.

Once again, exactly what I needed to know. Trying to keep a slim profile while hiding the damage. I'll be ordering the Ali ones for sure.

Have you thought about a front lip at all to balance out the lower sides? Or do you think it'll look fine with stock front end?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Once again, exactly what I needed to know. Trying to keep a slim profile while hiding the damage. I'll be ordering the Ali ones for sure.

Have you thought about a front lip at all to balance out the lower sides? Or do you think it'll look fine with stock front end?

IMO they'll look weird with the textured grey trim on the front and rear but not the sides. Have you gotten an estimate for PDR on the spots? May end up being cheaper in the end when you consider paint and fitting or materials if you fit them yourself. I have the votex skirts that were linked at dap but I also switched to an R front and the votex rear blisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S

I have Maxton front lip

stock_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 VW GTI 6-MT
Sorry to revive such an old thread but does it require the removal of the OEM textured skirt? Or just goes on top?