GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What clutch??

910noskillz

I’m probably going to need a clutch soon, what clutches are you guys running? I’m thinking of going with the south bend stage 2 endurance w/ flywheel. Any other suggestions? My cars a 17’ s, jb4/catless DP/ intake/soon to be is20. I don’t think the stock clutch is going to hold up once that is20 is on there. I may run it with the stock clutch for a little bit but I’m trying to go ahead and line up what clutch setup I want.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Stock :p. I'm thinking of going south bend when mine does eventually give up though.

mcgillis

Almost 500 miles on my Southbend stage 2 daily. It's the kit for the mk7 gti, installed on my '17 Alltrack 6MT. Stock clutch started slipping after 3k miles on APR stg 2.

I chose Southbend mainly due to prior experience; mk5 tsi w/ k04. Never had any issues.

910noskillz

Thanks for the info. For some reason when I searched it the first time I only found one thread. I think I’m going to wait and see how the stock clutch holds, and then go with the endurance stage 2

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the info. For some reason when I searched it the first time I only found one thread. I think I’m going to wait and see how the stock clutch holds, and then go with the endurance stage 2

Cdv removal will give you twice mileage outs that clutch. I put 40k miles ln my stock one pushing 360wtq before it started slipping bad

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
Bringing up an old thread rather than starting a new one;

This morning, I noticed some slippage in 4th gear while moderately accelerating on the highway from 3rd gear. I think this may have happened the other day but I wasn't fully paying attention. I tried again later on the road this morning from 3rd to 4th under decent throttle and it didn't happen. Not sure if its oil from the RMS or the 20* weather (more timing, power/denser air??). Theres 43k on the clock with mostly highway commuting, don't really beat on the car, but once in a while open her up in 3rd. Power adders are as follows:

APR Stage 1
APR catted d/p
AWE exhaust
Autotech intake box with AFE filter, CTS inlet
Ebay FMIC.
CDV removed

Have an IS20 to install and then APR re-tune, looking at the south bend stage 2 daily as Im not doing more power mods after that. (have gone already too far IMO, this was supposed to be a damn daily lol!)

I see some reviews on the Stage 2 endurance and Stage 3 daily for 1.8t, but not for the Daily Stage 2. Urotuning as them for $635 about now, plus the billet RMS right?

Any opinions guys?

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
Edit: Urotuning shows the torque rating for the Stage 2 daily as 400ft/lb but every other site including SBC shows 325...

Guess I'd have to jump right into Stage 3

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I heard from Ironshade that southbend changed the ratings of their clutches for the 1.8t without actually changing their construction, and the true ratings are much higher. Stage 2 daily should be enough for you.

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
I heard from Ironshade that southbend changed the ratings of their clutches for the 1.8t without actually changing their construction, and the true ratings are much higher. Stage 2 daily should be enough for you.

Maybe Ill call Southbend on Monday to clarify.

Stage 2 should be plenty considering you Ironshade lasted on OEM with IS20 for a while.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I went Stage three daily Southbend.......pedal pressure was high for about 400 miles, it’s fine now. The stock pedal effort was non existent. Now it feels like a clutch should feel! Pricey though! The Sachs and Audi TT/RS from New German Performance is a great deal

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
I went Stage three daily Southbend.......pedal pressure was high for about 400 miles, it’s fine now. The stock pedal effort was non existent. Now it feels like a clutch should feel! Pricey though! The Sachs and Audi TT/RS from New German Performance is a great deal

I don't see the Sachs Audi TTRS being listed for the 1.8T on their site