GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sacramento Muffler Delete

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I got mine done at Davis Muffler and Hitch in Davis. Cost $210, which included the 4" tips and y-pipe.

Video of start up in my garage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmiuTUbDcPM

I have had nothing but compliments about the sound and I've loved it so far.

Note: this shop doesn't install customer parts so unless you want to reuse the stock tips it'd probably cost the same.

SM075180

Ready to race!
I got mine done at Davis Muffler and Hitch in Davis. Cost $210, which included the 4" tips and y-pipe.

Video of start up in my garage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmiuTUbDcPM

I have had nothing but compliments about the sound and I've loved it so far.

Note: this shop doesn't install customer parts so unless you want to reuse the stock tips it'd probably cost the same.

Hey thanks for the post! Watching the video back yourself- would you say the video does the sound justice?

I’m a musician/audio nerd so I’m always skeptical of ”built in” recording capabilities on devices. I don’t mean to come off like your efforts are sub-par or anything- just giving my question some context [emoji106]

Sounds awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hey thanks for the post! Watching the video back yourself- would you say the video does the sound justice?

I’m a musician/audio nerd so I’m always skeptical of ”built in” recording capabilities on devices. I don’t mean to come off like your efforts are sub-par or anything- just giving my question some context [emoji106]

Sounds awesome though.

Nah i totally understand, iPhone's sitting atop washing machines aren't known for their audio recording abilities.

I'd say its fairly representative but in real life the exhaust note has more quality and depth to it if that makes sense. Its slightly distorted in the video and the sounds get kinda jumbled. In real life you still hear the little pops you hear in the video but the note is more clear. When I hold the camera closer to the exhaust at the end I'd say the sound is more accurate.

Dad_wagon

OP what part of Sacramento are you in? There is a good shop on the edge of Citrus Heights/Roseville that does quality work at a great price. I got a quote from them to delete the resonator for $80. Just have not gotten around to it yet myself

SM075180

Ready to race!
OP what part of Sacramento are you in? There is a good shop on the edge of Citrus Heights/Roseville that does quality work at a great price. I got a quote from them to delete the resonator for $80. Just have not gotten around to it yet myself

That’s just up the road. I’m in fair oaks- do you recall the name of the shop?

SharkB8

Just had mine done @ Marco muffler (talk to Mark) on Greenback. They did a FANTASTIC job. High quality work, all custom fabbed, new (larger) tips...looks and sounds GREAT!

SM075180

Ready to race!
Just had mine done @ Marco muffler (talk to Mark) on Greenback. They did a FANTASTIC job. High quality work, all custom fabbed, new (larger) tips...looks and sounds GREAT!

Duuude! Would you be willing to meet up so I could listen? I’ll trade you some cargo block Velcro things for your time! Haha

How much was it?