GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP with folding mirrors

dtanov

Hi there,

I have a Golf MK7 TDI 2.0 and I've now purchased 2 sets of folding mirrors :(. I did the coding with OBD eleven where you go to Long Coding and you enable the 2 folding mirror options (Make one "Installed" and the second "Active).

The first set of mirrors I bought came with the blind spot assist option and there was nowhere for me to plug the separate cable as I don't have the all around sensors. I thought this was the issue so I bought a second pair of mirrors.

The second I believe are from a Golf R, and have only one cable as my standard ones. I plugged that in but again no luck, mirrors won't fold. Also the puddle lights won't work either.

When I go to Output Test on OBDeleven I can move the mirrors up/down/left/right so they seem to be working fine. But when I try to test the Fold In/Out option nothing happens.

Could it be that I need a new controller perhaps? I believe mine is the same as this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NzEAAOSwVKRaJ5-R/s-l1600.jpg

I also installed the Mirror and Door/Unlock controller on the door

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BUMAAOSwLsBZT6Dp/s-l1600.jpg

Also to mention

In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", there is no option at all for Folding Mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dimi

Last edited:

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Having the checkbox in the car menu is just something you can enable, they should still fold in using the door switch. It could be your module doesn't support it. BSM lights shouldn't affect it working (i don't think so anyways), but you swapped them.

Can you move the mirrors using the switch? ie tilting up and down? Then we know it's plugged in properly. If that works and you're 100% your coding is correct then the only reason left would be your module doesn't support it. I'm not totally sure though.

Here's the only picture i have saved that shows my module, maybe it helps: https://imgur.com/a/vlidF

This is coding i used for mine (2017 Canada R):

Folding mirrors installed
Do the below for both the drivers and passenger door:
Adaptation - mirror_folding -> "installed" (default is "not_installed")
Adaptation - front_field_light -> "active" (default is "not_active")
Adaptation - mirror_comfort_folding -> "active" (default is "not_active")

FYI front_field_light is the puddle light under the mirrors. By default the puddle light is off when the mirror is closed or doing its folding action (turns off instantly as it starts its motion). There's a setting called "turn_off_front_field_light_when_folded_mirror " (default is "active") that if you change to not_active it keeps the light on all the time that CH/LH lights are on, regardless of if the mirror is folded/folding. More of a personal preference thing.

Folding mirrors automatically when car is locked and add the fold on park menu option: (this was similar to the OPs code but OBD added a space in one of the german words in my car which confused me for a minute, so i'll just repost it):
[09] Central Electronics
[10] Adaptation
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
and then check is mirrors and parking on car settings to make sure "Fold away after parking" is checked

dtanov

Thank you for the reply. The message you quoted is exactly all the things I've done.

The switch that I have moves the mirrors up/down/left/right and the heating function works also. However when I move it to the folding position nothing happens with the mirrors.

It is possible I have a module that doesn't support it I guess. I'll check what model mine is tomorrow and compare it to yours. If it's different I will look into buying a second hand one and testing it out.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
If your door control modules part number ends with 393 or 392 then it will not support folding mirrors and you will have to buy 2 door modules that end with 593 and 592 which is the highline door control modules

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SLI

Installed my power folding mirrors yesterday, almost blew an o-ring trying to pull the old connector and grommet out from the top...then i realized i was only halfway done with the first of 2 sides hahahhahha!

The coding changes listed above worked like a charm.

If your door control modules part number ends with 393 or 392 then it will not support folding mirrors and you will have to buy 2 door modules that end with 593 and 592 which is the highline door control modules

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

redbutcher

Ready to race!
I had to replace the door controllers when I fitted my mirrors. I bought a couple of door controllers before buying a complete set from a scrappy so I have a spare set of controllers if you need some.