GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 507whp Challenger

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Willing to donate my stock intercooler to you minus the endtanks :rolleyes:
Really.. I cracked one and then pried them off to hold my radiator assembly together, i got a "real" FMIC up front now. I mean you could probably repeat the process and swap the GTI endtanks onto this one :D

I appreciate the offer lol, if I had any experience welding aluminum I would build some end tanks for it! I just got off the phone with a local mk7 owner who said if I build a bigger than available FMIC or twintercooler set up for my car they’d both buy one from me. So brb I’m off to R&D and build three IC set ups lol

If someone can measure the stock IC end tank outlet size or the charge pipe inside diameter that’ll save me from jacking the car and measuring before I order materials

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I appreciate the offer lol, if I had any experience welding aluminum I would build some end tanks for it! I just got off the phone with a local mk7 owner who said if I build a bigger than available FMIC or twintercooler set up for my car they’d both buy one from me. So brb I’m off to R&D and build three IC set ups lol

If someone can measure the stock IC end tank outlet size or the charge pipe inside diameter that’ll save me from jacking the car and measuring before I order materials

if you get the GTI endtank dims, my offer stands.. i can easily measure the core, if the GTI endtanks are same size i'd take it to a radiator shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCgzQuaV9I

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
if you want a custom FMIC, give Pagparts a call

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
For now I just need to know the outlet sizes for charge pipes, I appreciate it tho. I’m pretty sure the gti and R are significantly different endtanks since ones bigger so a aluminum sheet metal endtank would probably be the only options in this case

If I do a custom IC set up I’ll be building it. I own a kind of side business (just starting to get it going in the Carolinas after moving from Ohio). I’ve built IC setups for cars & trucks before, just now getting around to it on my mk7

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
For now I just need to know the outlet sizes for charge pipes, I appreciate it tho. I’m pretty sure the gti and R are significantly different endtanks since ones bigger so a aluminum sheet metal endtank would probably be the only options in this case

If I do a custom IC set up I’ll be building it. I own a kind of side business (just starting to get it going in the Carolinas after moving from Ohio). I’ve built IC setups for cars & trucks before, just now getting around to it on my mk7

gotcha, what else do you fabricate? I have a couple projects i'm always working on

railroader

Autocross Newbie

I can get you whatever measurements you want, stock ic is sitting under my nova in the garage

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
gotcha, what else do you fabricate? I have a couple projects i'm always working on

I’ve been focusing on MQB parts that aren’t available anywhere else. Single exit GTI & R exhaust for light weight, drone free as many probably get tired of me talking about lol, and bolt on axle backs. All 304L Stainless for lasting quality and durability

upload image from mobile

Actually just started setting up a sponsorship inquiry for a build with an RS3 owner for this summer to run at several events and potentially R&D some parts

I can get you whatever measurements you want, stock ic is sitting under my nova in the garage

If you can measure the charge pipe inlet/outlet OD that would be great!

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I’ve been focusing on MQB parts that aren’t available anywhere else. Single exit GTI & R exhaust for light weight, drone free as many probably get tired of me talking about lol, and bolt on axle backs. All 304L Stainless for lasting quality and durability

upload image from mobile

Actually just started setting up a sponsorship inquiry for a build with an RS3 owner for this summer to run at several events and potentially R&D some parts

Sweet, your work looks very nice. I've been thinking about taking a few welding classes to pick up a new hobby. I always slept through the welding lessons in autos class, now I regret it. Would make my life a lot easier, I can work a lathe, mill, grinder, drill press, etc like a champ from my Tool and Die Maker days, but I haven't hit the lotto just yet to have that equipment available in my shop aka dark dingy garage. :D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sweet, your work looks very nice. I've been thinking about taking a few welding classes to pick up a new hobby. I always slept through the welding lessons in autos class, now I regret it. Would make my life a lot easier, I can work a lathe, mill, grinder, drill press, etc like a champ from my Tool and Die Maker days, but I haven't hit the lotto just yet to have that equipment available in my shop aka dark dingy garage. :D

Thanks man, do it it’s a ton of fun! I have a manual lathe and a drill press at home, as well as my chop saw and MIG welder. I’d love to add a horizontal band saw, manual mill, and TIG welder someday, but for now I’m down to a two car garage which sucks after owning a 28x36 detached & heated garage at my last home.

I’m an aircraft mechanic by trade, but grew up working in machine shops and with my dad (new and used machine shop equipment sales)

railroader

Autocross Newbie

upload image from mobile

I'll get it tomorrow after work