GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just had an awful missed shift or false neutral when trying to gun it on the highway...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I haven't flashed anything ED yet, powertap just sitting on my desk until I get something checked out at the dealer. But I'm starting to question my purchase. I wonder if Frank Mabo would let me just return the TCU, since it's never been used and less than 30 days. At this point I'll probably just bend over and take it from daddy APR.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Could it still be adapting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I'm hoping. Didn't happen again after I got in and drove back home after 45 min. I also was a little bit afraid to push it... Hopefully that's it.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yes but I didn't do the adaptation. Anyone have the instructions to do that with Ed tool?

It's in the first post now.

"To do the adaptation procedure, the car must be warmed up.
Then go to diagnostics, address 2 (Auto trans), get ecu info, then click basic settings.
With the car idling in park, the parking brake set, and your foot on the brake, run through each of the procedures in the drop down."

RJ says just do these 4.
-Calibration of synchro-points
-Reset clutch characteristic curve
-Resetting of all adaptation values
-Start double clutch fast adaptation

Driving procedure after it finishes.
-Drive in Tiptronic Mode from stand still up to 6th Gear.
-While doing that make sure to drive in Gears 3 or 5 for approx. 5 minutes and also in 4 or 6 for approx. 5 minutes.
-The engine speed window for all gears is 1200 - 3500 RPM (for clutch calibration).
-Perform one sharp braking followed by a full throttle acceleration (oil return check) while in Drive, Not Tiptronic Mode.

Last edited:

Pure_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just flashed stage 2 and did the adaptation. And... I'm having some issues.

First, when driving in D, accelerating hard from a stand still, when it shifts into 3rd, it chirps and falls flat on it's face, bucking me forward in the seat. Did this every time.

Second, in S, every gear past 2nd requires 4k rpm to shift. This was always 3k before and 4k is obnoxious.

I haven't had any clunking during take off and no issues so far while in manual mode. I hope the adaptation process is still going.

Last edited:

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I haven't flashed anything ED yet, powertap just sitting on my desk until I get something checked out at the dealer. But I'm starting to question my purchase. I wonder if Frank Mabo would let me just return the TCU, since it's never been used and less than 30 days. At this point I'll probably just bend over and take it from daddy APR.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Many people online claim Uni is better? @ least you can do it @ home then.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Many people online claim Uni is better? @ least you can do it @ home then.

Yeah maybe. I had this debate and went with ED based on Frank's recommendation. I was looking at $750 for the Uni Stg2 ECU tune on Black Friday and it's $850 now.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
This dsg saga is certainly entertaining. Im still on the original tcu flash. Ive just been watching and waiting. Seems like there are still lots of issues for some.
Apr must be nice Id imagine, you just flash the tcu and drive off and all is well lol

Id imagine the bugs will get fixed eventually, till then I generally drive this car in manual mode.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
It's in the first post now.

"To do the adaptation procedure, the car must be warmed up.
Then go to diagnostics, address 2 (Auto trans), get ecu info, then click basic settings.
With the car idling in park, the parking brake set, and your foot on the brake, run through each of the procedures in the drop down."

RJ says just do these 4.
-Calibration of synchro-points
-Reset clutch characteristic curve
-Resetting of all adaptation values
-Start double clutch fast adaptation

Driving procedure after it finishes.
-Drive in Tiptronic Mode from stand still up to 6th Gear.
-While doing that make sure to drive in Gears 3 or 5 for approx. 5 minutes and also in 4 or 6 for approx. 5 minutes.
-The engine speed window for all gears is 1200 - 3500 RPM (for clutch calibration).
-Perform one sharp braking followed by a full throttle acceleration (oil return check) while in Drive, Not Tiptronic Mode.

Why just those 4?