GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipes with the best balance

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
So the best DP that doesn't trigger a CEL is the AWE? Assuming I don't want to fart around with spacers, etc.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
So the best DP that doesn't trigger a CEL is the AWE? Assuming I don't want to fart around with spacers, etc.

If you like cracked welds and your pipe to explode bwhahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asfa

Passed Driver's Ed
If you like cracked welds and your pipe to explode bwhahahahaha

How about stop behaving like an asshole and answer the guy question ? Isn’t that the whole idea of having a forum where people with common interests come for advise ? Are these forums even moderated ?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
How about stop behaving like an asshole and answer the guy question ? Isn’t that the whole idea of having a forum where people with common interests come for advise ? Are these forums even moderated ?

I did answer his question. That actually happened.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
nope you did not answer his question.

for ecsta, yes AWE has NO CEL guaranteed and verified by all AWE DP owners.

Yes, one DP failed at the weld

Does that still hold true on the stock ecu? or is stage 1/2 required for the DP? Just thinking of not doing everything at the same time, if there's any drawbacks or if i should just wait and do tune + DP at the same time.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Does that still hold true on the stock ecu? or is stage 1/2 required for the DP? Just thinking of not doing everything at the same time, if there's any drawbacks or if i should just wait and do tune + DP at the same time.

AWE guarantee no CEL with stock ECU (no tune required). If you are not planning to tune for a while, this might be the best option and the only drawback is cost.

Incase you are planning to get a tune in the near future, it would be better get both done together (you will save some money). Example, APR offers additional discounts when you buy their downpipe and opt Stage 2.

Maddmike

Passed Driver's Ed
AWE guarantee no CEL with stock ECU (no tune required). If you are not planning to tune for a while, this might be the best option and the only drawback is cost.

Incase you are planning to get a tune in the near future, it would be better get both done together (you will save some money). Example, APR offers additional discounts when you buy their downpipe and opt Stage 2.

Actually, stage II is free with the DP if upgrading.