GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Difference between these two Euro tail lights

Soldat1988

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two different euro tail light options? I guess maybe one is just colored differently and includes the harness? There is a pretty big price difference, so unless I'm missing something I'm not sure why that is.

This one is $599
https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...gti-golf-led-tail-lights-without-harness.html

This one is $974
https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...ent/lighting/tail-lights/5g0-998-207-f-h.html

I don't even have my car yet, but this is probably the first mod I'll go for.

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
The difference is the color. One is a bright red, and the other is a smoked red. You can also email DAP for questions, they've got excellent customer service.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Color from what I can tell. I am trying to determine if that slightly darker color is worth the price difference, but it terms of looks they are nicer.

They have tinted ones that are pretty dark also. I was looking into those because I think they would be very appealing on my white booty.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
These are currently on my wishlist on ECS that I am whittling through slowly.

I got my tails for my Mk6 from ECS and I loved them, worked great, zero issues, and a price that couldn't be beat. I think I found them when they were 20% off or something. In terms of fitment they were better than the OEs from what I could tell. My feeler gauges that fit into the OE seams, no longer fit after the install.

AKF427

Ready to race!
@Merkeyterkey. Good to know, I guess. The "true" OM comes from Mexico w/ the car. Paying a $1K "vig" for DAP OEM's when hard to distinguish from ECS "knockoff" wasn't a great value prop.

@PouncingPanzer. I'd put the ECS Flush-Kit at the top of your list. Yes, the lights are great, but the Flush-Kit is fantastically great.....and cheap!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
You can get the OEM R led tails shipped direct from Europe for $550. eBay

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
@Merkeyterkey. Good to know, I guess. The "true" OM comes from Mexico w/ the car. Paying a $1K "vig" for DAP OEM's when hard to distinguish from ECS "knockoff" wasn't a great value prop.

Tailights are a critical safety item, and buying ECS/aliexpress replica lights is a Bad Idea.

OEM VW AL/Magnetti Marellli lights are the way to go if you're going to upgrade to LED Euro tails.

AKF427

Ready to race!
Tailights are a critical safety item, and buying ECS/aliexpress replica lights is a Bad Idea.

OEM VW AL/Magnetti Marellli lights are the way to go if you're going to upgrade to LED Euro tails.

What precisely isn't a critical safety item on a car? Name any? I've never had an issue with ECS....and neither with Aliexpress on items not associated w/ a car.

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!

@PouncingPanzer. I'd put the ECS Flush-Kit at the top of your list. Yes, the lights are great, but the Flush-Kit is fantastically great.....and cheap!

...until they begin to condense water on the inside that you cant seem to get rid of. OEM ones dont do that.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two different euro tail light options? I guess maybe one is just colored differently and includes the harness? There is a pretty big price difference, so unless I'm missing something I'm not sure why that is.

This one is $599
https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...gti-golf-led-tail-lights-without-harness.html

This one is $974
https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...ent/lighting/tail-lights/5g0-998-207-f-h.html

I don't even have my car yet, but this is probably the first mod I'll go for.

Second one has the wire harness used to hook up amber turn signals.
Plus coding needed to finish.