GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone run a tuned mk7 to 75k? Experiences?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Typically the shaft breaks and your wheels go into the intercooler and/or exhaust. Best case, the compressor wheel and any little bits get stuck in the intercooler.

Worst case, little bits make it into your engine and fuck up the valves, cylinders, pistons, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
What's the process like for an intercooler flush anyways? Does it need to come out of the car?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I wouldn't push 30psi unless you are stress testing the limits. I ran 27 peak on my stock turbo for 30k miles no problem. Kissed 30psi on my hybrid a few times and developed a problem.

Keep it reasonable and you'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yeah I personally wouldn't get over 25-26, but the point I was trying to make was you could be tuned pretty highly but if you don't hit peak boost constantly or you're not WOT all the time you won't have issues. Sorry I should've worded better

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
What's the process like for an intercooler flush anyways? Does it need to come out of the car?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It's your best bet. If not out of the car, complete access to it anyways.

A little off topic here but most intercooler manufacturers do recommend a flush every now and then because blowby happens no matter what on turbochargers. Bonus it'll help with valve coking.

Loonster

Ready to race!
All depends on the tune. If you go for max power then the risk increases. Go for a milder tune and your chances of going to 100k is quite good.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
61,000 here Uni 1+, not quite 75k, but zero issues aside from my own mistakes in modifications. The engine runs like a champ and I haven't even gotten a CEL.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
have 65,000 miles most of the miles were stage 1 tuned, currently running stage 2. I had 1 turbo blow on me because my car was an early model 2015 had turbo issues. Ive had my second turbo on for 45,000 miles and no issues. Ive only had a tranny seal leak when I replaced my clutch at 50,000 miles. Ive stayed on top of my maintenance with the car which hopefully will pay off in the long run.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Not super high, but I'm at 54k and have nothing of significance to report reliability wise. The car has done very well, even with the heavy mods.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I have gone through literally all 3 stages of power levels. Always used APR since they were the closest and easiest for me but I most definitely understand the limitations of those tunes.

IMHO the funnest was s2. Go straight there ;)

My boost levels on the canned tunes were:

APR Stage 1 93 OCT ---> 25-26PSI Hold 2-7* of timing
APR Stage 2 93 OCT ----> 26.4-27PSI Hold 2-8* of timing

teemmy

Ready to race!
Currently at 63k miles but I’ve been tuned since about 7k miles with the NPM, then jb1, then map performance on Cobb. Then went to Is38 and got it protuned, had one fail, then went to Tomioka and then finally an EQT. I’ve done 4 track days on a tuned is20 without issue, 2 track days on an Is38 and had one fail. One track day on the eqt with no issues to report...

Car is still running strong except for the hiccup with the Is38 failing. Hopefully i have many more track days to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Tuned since 1k miles. At 42k now and all good.

Car has been:

IS20 Stage 1 and 2
IS38 Stage 1 and 2
Currently L450 running 28psi at 7k rpm @ 5200 ft altitude. Shifts at 7200 rpm and likes to party!

Always United Motorsport tuned.

BlueMRK7

APR Stage 1 & turbo muffler delete at 30K. APR Intake and Catch Can at 40K. RS3 Coils at 50K. Motor all stock otherwise. Sitting at 85K now with no Issues. Absolutely have loved the tune. Alot of freeway driving and country road driving.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Someone mentioned flushing the intercooler due to blowby. Since I'm using an OCC how much blowby can still get into the intercooler?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’m turbo swapped full E85, over 74k miles with no issues.