GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni Carbon Fiber Intake 24 Months In

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I know some people have concerns with the longevity of the current crop of CF intakes. I've read people concerned with yellowing and deterioration. After 2 years with zero cleaning I pulled it out to clean the air filter. I wiped 2 years of New England grime a off with just a little water and a paper towel, and, well:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
This is exactly what went through my mind ?

Right? I stumbled across a site that has carbon fiber engine covers and all manner of other CF things. No thanks.

I just want some other piano black accents, like the Sport mirrors are on the car, but I never see those anywhere.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
stock one (which cost no extra money) will outlast the car, and you don't have to worry about checking it every 24 month. if you pay that much money for that intake, you should not worry whether it holds up fine or not.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I understand that many people have strong feelings about carbon fiber as a material, and that's perfectly fine. This thread is about my experience with it, so please refrain from commenting unless you have something to add. I don't come to your threads to rain on your parade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk