GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

funks

Ready to race!
The Dekagram will look something like this then? Advanti Storm S1 - would be great to see what it looks like on stock height - lol

funks

Ready to race!
measured the weight on the 18x8.5 ampliforms (5x112 ET43) - showing up as 19.2 lbs, pretty much the same as what chris976 is seeing.

Dekagram may be lighter.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
measured the weight on the 18x8.5 ampliforms (5x112 ET43) - showing up as 19.2 lbs, pretty much the same as what chris976 is seeing.

Dekagram may be lighter.

IMO when you’re talking +/- 1lb your splitting hairs, especially on our ham fisted cars.

Good news is you can save weight on tires, Conti ExtremeContact Sports are 1-2lbs heavier than PS4S’s.

VW Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
Any updates?

I'm looking at Konig Hypergram (HG8851243G)

18x8.5
Offset 43MM
5x112

I know the 235/40/R18 are slightly smaller diameter wise than 235/35/R19's and with the 8.5 inch wheels, will be slightly stretched as well. Wanted to go with the 245/40/R18's instead which has a 1/4 inch taller diameter than the the stockers. Additionally, the 245's are a bit more common as well as thats the default tire size for 08+ STI's

relatively cheaper per tire as well (252.97$ for the MP4S @ 19's vs 210.97$ @ 18's vs 197.32$ @ 17's)

10mm wider, and 1/4 taller - you guys think it'll rub? Stock suspension, not planning on lowering the car at all.

I actually want to go with the 17x8's coupled with 235/40R17s but the 18 is a good compromise.
This is my car with 255/35-18 Hankook v12's.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
VW Motorsport,

Did you have to roll your fenders or do camber plates?

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
This would be my first set of aftermarket wheels. Aside from the wheels themselves, what else do I need? Looking at those Ampliforms.

edit: Looks like hub centric rings... 66.6 to 57.1?

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
This would be my first set of aftermarket wheels. Aside from the wheels themselves, what else do I need? Looking at those Ampliforms.

edit: Looks like hub centric rings... 66.6 to 57.1?

Yes and conical bolts.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr

VW Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
VW Motorsport,

Did you have to roll your fenders or do camber plates?
No sir! No rolling (I don't know how much more rolling can be done, it's pretty flat). Not even the "fender button/screw mod" has been done. The only thing is Neuspeed springs, 034 strut mounts and new bearings.
This car is my current DD. The wheels have been on the car since 900 miles, springs on by 2k miles, car currently has 40k miles. Approximately 4500 miles on the current tires. I'm typically hauling my kids around (both teenagers). I rarely get to play except the occasional on ramp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

funks

Ready to race!
Waiting for the 2018-R.. 245/40R18's on 18x8.5 Ampliforms. Nice to know the 255/35/R18's fit without issue, hopefully mine doesn't have any rubbing (my tires are about .7 inches taller in height compared to your tire, or .25 inch taller than the stock 235/35/R19's that come with the car).