GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I'm running Map 2 with a eurocode downpipe. I noticed a huge improvement in daily driveability. The throttle response feels almost as good as my previous B8 S4. The car feels like its naturally aspirated.

I can downshift to 5th at 65ish and barely place my foot onto the accelerator and the car accelerates without needing to get into boost. I'm assuming timing advance? Keep in mind that about 6 months ago i also did the throttle vcds mod to direct instead of incremental. Maybe its a combination of the two but I'm really loving the new dynamic of this throttle response.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
This is starting to sound like something I don't want to do now... running logs and all that crap I've already done so much... I just want to set the car and go. There's not many non warranty options available though

Renck

Ready to race!
This is starting to sound like something I don't want to do now... running logs and all that crap I've already done so much... I just want to set the car and go. There's not many non warranty options available though

You can hook the JB4 and run Map1. Yep, as easy as that.

When you are ready / have time / interest, then you can run logs. But be aware.....it is very addictive......;)

WASTGTI17

Passed Driver's Ed

You dont have to do logs, it's just an option and some people enjoy the process. There are many who just set map 2 and leave it be.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Hey diggs, is there any benefit with an e85 mix and regular e10/93 pump gas using map 2? Or is there no difference with map 2 and benefits can only be seen with a dialed in map 6 tune?

I'm on stock clutch and my only other mods are catless DP & JB4 set to map 2. I'm currently only going WOT with revs above 4k rpm to help prolong OEM clutch life, however, I was wondering if I were to have an upgraded clutch and if there are any benefits with using map 2 and a possible e30 mix with OEM intetcooler.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tex Willer

Hi, Just installed JB4 took a whole 20min. Went for a drive on map 1 and it felt good. No error codes, car pulls strong up to redline. I drive back, open hood and look to clean-up the wires.... and notice I have tapped blue wire in secondary o2 wire (grey DP wire).*facepalm* Car ran great, what if anything, does tapping wrong o2 wire do? Only ran map1

Im sure there are other idiots like me, sorry if it was already asked