GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GolfWang's Boring Build Thread

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
But like Race mode is less PSI than the JB1 in Map 1, and I had the JB1 on my previous MK7 for a year without a single issue
Yeah. That's the downside with this style piggy back relying on the ecu to adjust fuel trims.

Well let's hope it was just the winter gas blend. And it doesn't happen again because I wanted one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yeah. That's the downside with this style piggy back relying on the ecu to adjust fuel trims.

Well let's hope it was just the winter gas blend. And it doesn't happen again because I wanted one lol

Switched back to Sport+ from Race mode, and got yet another EPC error yesterday. Turned it off, set it to bypass, logged the engine stock and on Sport+ and both looked totally healthy. Cleared the codes, hoping the EPC doesn't come back on again now that I'm content with Sport+. If it happens again I'm selling the Dinan box and getting a JB4. I already want Map 2 anyway...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Switched back to Sport+ from Race mode, and got yet another EPC error yesterday. Turned it off, set it to bypass, logged the engine stock and on Sport+ and both looked totally healthy. Cleared the codes, hoping the EPC doesn't come back on again now that I'm content with Sport+. If it happens again I'm selling the Dinan box and getting a JB4. I already want Map 2 anyway...
Man not cool! Let me know how it goes. Make sure the connections are fully seated as well.

But the map 2 jb4 is nice from what I hear. I'm waiting another year and I think I will just go be going uni stage 1 + and call it a day

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Man not cool! Let me know how it goes. Make sure the connections are fully seated as well.

But the map 2 jb4 is nice from what I hear. I'm waiting another year and I think I will just go be going uni stage 1 + and call it a day

Hmmmmmm, yeah I plan on going Uni 1+/TCU @ 60K too.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Hmmmmmm, yeah I plan on going Uni 1+/TCU @ 60K too.
We are on the same page my friend lol

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
We are on the same page my friend lol
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/images/editor/createlink.gif

Apparently! I've taken a lot of notes from Hambone.

My current setup is: lightweight wheels/budget performance all seasons, 034 engine/trans/dogbone mounts, roc euro pendulum, CTS open cone intake (for noise :), 034 resonator delete, pedalbox, dinan piggyback, motul brake fluid, stainless steel brake lines F+R. pretty sure that's everything.

i love it. can't wait for suspension/pads/rotors/ECU TCU @ 60K

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Apparently! I've taken a lot of notes from Hambone.

My current setup is: lightweight wheels/budget performance all seasons, 034 engine/trans/dogbone mounts, roc euro pendulum, CTS open cone intake (for noise :), 034 resonator delete, pedalbox, dinan piggyback, motul brake fluid, stainless steel brake lines F+R. pretty sure that's everything.

i love it. can't wait for suspension/pads/rotors/ECU TCU @ 60K
Holy crap heck of a mod list!!!!!

Well hurry up and hit 60k so I know how you like it lol

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Currently @ 45. I'll be at 60K by September.
Not bad I have ways to go i am almost at 15k. I was thinking after the 3 year to say screw it and go for it lol

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Not bad I have ways to go i am almost at 15k. I was thinking after the 3 year to say screw it and go for it lol

Yeah it's a blessing and a curse to drive 25-30K a year.

Blessing: your warranties don't last long, so you don't have to wait too long to tune

Curse: your car depreciates faster than you make payments on it.

Solution: buy a beater to pile the miles on? nah, my GTI IS my beater.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Super annoyed. I went to one of the most acclaimed euro shops in the NYC area to get all my stuff installed, and I paid a pretty penny for it, and my dogbone is literally coming loose. I understand it's very easy for me to retighten it, I'm just annoyed that I even have to. I hope it's not bent already. It's clunking around left and right, and I looked under my car and i can see it protruding at an angle from the dogbone.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Repost from VCDS thread, just because I think this deserves more discussion/visibility than it does.

So I did the "DSR off" (Driving Steering Recommendation) tweak the other day, and it is astoundingly better than it was before. Honestly, DSR makes the car drive like a bratty, ADHD child that requires constant micromanagement. I thought my suspension was messed up, since I had just gotten a new alignment and my car still pulled left and right all day every day, and the steering was just so damn busy. It really made the experience much less enjoyable day in and day out.

Now, with DSR off, my car drives the way its supposed to. It tracks straight and true, even with my hands off the steering wheel on bumpy roads it doesn't leave its trajectory much. At least, not NEARLY as much as it did with DSR on.

10/10 strongly recommended to everyone, regardless of whether you feel like your steering is busy or not. Worst case scenario, you turn DSR back on if you like it more on than off.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Repost from VCDS thread, just because I think this deserves more discussion/visibility than it does.

So I did the "DSR off" (Driving Steering Recommendation) tweak the other day, and it is astoundingly better than it was before. Honestly, DSR makes the car drive like a bratty, ADHD child that requires constant micromanagement. I thought my suspension was messed up, since I had just gotten a new alignment and my car still pulled left and right all day every day, and the steering was just so damn busy. It really made the experience much less enjoyable day in and day out.

Now, with DSR off, my car drives the way its supposed to. It tracks straight and true, even with my hands off the steering wheel on bumpy roads it doesn't leave its trajectory much. At least, not NEARLY as much as it did with DSR on.

10/10 strongly recommended to everyone, regardless of whether you feel like your steering is busy or not. Worst case scenario, you turn DSR back on if you like it more on than off.

You have any steps? did some searching with no luck. Any error codes after disabling?