GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Wins & Losses

Xdpker

Ready to race!
I've been in plenty of races, but never in one of those honk 3 horns and take off kind of race. Obviously your 500 HP muscle car is going to beat my GTI, there's no skill involved. My kind of racing involves passing the other person, choosing the right lane, and going fast enough to prevent him from passing me. I've never lost a race before and I've taken down a variety of cars from econoboxes to M3/4s.

mattd502

Ready to race!
I've been in plenty of races, but never in one of those honk 3 horns and take off kind of race. Obviously your 500 HP muscle car is going to beat my GTI, there's no skill involved. My kind of racing involves passing the other person, choosing the right lane, and going fast enough to prevent him from passing me. I've never lost a race before and I've taken down a variety of cars from econoboxes to M3/4s.

See you seem like that kinda person would pass me fast so I'd think you wanted to race and when I went to catch up to you and you weren't slowing down I'd wonder "what the hell is this guy doing does he want to race or not?" and then I'd just go back to cruising and that would be the end of it.

Tico63

Ready to race!
See you seem like that kinda person would pass me fast so I'd think you wanted to race and when I went to catch up to you and you weren't slowing down I'd wonder "what the hell is this guy doing does he want to race or not?" and then I'd just go back to cruising and that would be the end of it.

Yeah. I completely agree with you. That has to be one of the strangest comments I've seen. The skill moving from lane to lane to pass a guy constitutes a win? WTF. Line up with the guy, and go. Give him a thumbs up win or lose. That's my view on racing. Not this awkward ricer fly by back and forward between 2 people swerving in and out of traffic.

Xdpker

Ready to race!

See haha that's fine, I'm talking about when the dude is trying to keep up with you going 50 over inside the city. That's when you know he's trying to race.

Xdpker

Ready to race!
Yeah. I completely agree with you. That has to be one of the strangest comments I've seen. The skill moving from lane to lane to pass a guy constitutes a win? WTF. Line up with the guy, and go. Give him a thumbs up win or lose. That's my view on racing. Not this awkward ricer fly by back and forward between 2 people swerving in and out of traffic.

I think there's more skill involved going 50 over in windy city streets than lining up and hitting the gas. Just my opinion though.

Tico63

Ready to race!
I think there's more skill involved going 50 over in windy city streets than lining up and hitting the gas. Just my opinion though.

I mean yeah. There's the race track to measure that kind of skill. If that's what you're talking about lol. But weaving in an out of traffic is not measuring skill, it's just plainly inconsiderate. There's very little skill involved in driving my DSG lol.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Haha. There's lots of guys like this guy. I typically try to go slow so I catch a light, in hopes ssomeone stops next to me. Or... Get next to someone and hope they are smart enough to slow down so we either catch a light or get an open, no traffic road, then go at it.

Xdpker

Ready to race!
I mean yeah. There's the race track to measure that kind of skill. If that's what you're talking about lol. But weaving in an out of traffic is not measuring skill, it's just plainly inconsiderate. There's very little skill involved in driving my DSG lol.

All street racing is inconsiderate, you can't try to justify one over the either. Both are bad.

My latest kill was a brand new Toyota 4runner with paper plates. I was on the on ramp merging into the right lane following the 4runner. I hit the gas, signal, and proceed to move into the second from the right lane. He cuts me off after I was already fully in the lane. Of course, I'm furious, so I merge into the lane 3rd from the right, give him a honk, gun it and pass him. This asshole comes tearing after me cuts me off and proceeds to block me from changing lanes and passing him. I move left, he goes left, I go right, he goes right and this is happening at triple digits. I'm fucking pissed by now, we come up on a car in the lane I can see ahead. I decide to fake a lane change, go left first then right and gun it. I pass him and I'm in front until my exit. Flicked him the bird out the window and moved on with my day. Feels good

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
All street racing is inconsiderate, you can't try to justify one over the either. Both are bad.

My latest kill was a brand new Toyota 4runner with paper plates. I was on the on ramp merging into the right lane following the 4runner. I hit the gas, signal, and proceed to move into the second from the right lane. He cuts me off after I was already fully in the lane. Of course, I'm furious, so I merge into the lane 3rd from the right, give him a honk, gun it and pass him. This asshole comes tearing after me cuts me off and proceeds to block me from changing lanes and passing him. I move left, he goes left, I go right, he goes right and this is happening at triple digits. I'm fucking pissed by now, we come up on a car in the lane I can see ahead. I decide to fake a lane change, go left first then right and gun it. I pass him and I'm in front until my exit. Flicked him the bird out the window and moved on with my day. Feels good

Uh....

This is road rage.

Not a race.

Be safe out there bro.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I've made a list of all the cars I've beat & lost to. All of these races were done on straight away roads with no other cars around. I don't have videos :( but I figured I'd share with anyone to spark their curiosity about how your car might stack up. There was a variety of friendly races as well as passive aggressive drivers who couldn't handle losing. I'm not built with that cutthroat competitive nature, I was just having a blast :) I also added a section to give you an idea of the nature of these drivers of these manufacturers post race. Most races started at 40mph and ended about 100mph. All of these were roll races on 3 honks.

When I was Stock:

Wins:

Mk6 GTI - Stage I - (1-2 Car lengths) / Exchanged Instagram
9th Gen Honda SI Stock - (3-4 Car lengths) / Pulled away
Volvo S60 2.0T Stock - (3-4 Car lengths) / Pulled away
MK7 GTI - Muffler Delete Only / Manual (1 Car length) / Chatted with him a bit - I'm DSG btw

Losses:

Genesis Coupe 2.0T - Tuned (1/2 car length) / Gave me the middle finger
F30 335i - Stock (3-4 car lengths) / Thumbs up

When I was APR Stage I (No bolt ons) :

Wins:

Same Genesis 2.0T I lost to stock :) - (4-5 car lengths) / Pulled away
Audi A3 Stock - (9-10 car lengths)/ Got out of his car aggressively after losing
9th Gen Honda SI Mods unknown - (4-5 car lengths) / Pulled away
9th Gen Honda SI Mods unknown - (6-7 car lengths) / Nothing happened
10th Gen Honda SI Sounded stock - (4-5 car lengths) / Fly by and flashed hazards after losing
Infiniti G37 Exhaust - (3-4 car lengths) / Aggressively cut me off after losing
Focus ST Muffler Delete only - (5-6 car lengths) / Chatted with him a bit
2015 Subaru STI Widebody + Exhaust - (3-4 car lengths) / Nothing happened
2015 Subaru WRX Loud Exhaust - (Car let off immediately as I pulled on him) but it could have been embarrassing / Exited on traffic light prematurely
MK7 GTI Stock - (4-5 car lengths) / Massive tool
MK7 GTI JB1 plus bolt ons - (3-4 car lengths) / Chatted with him a bit
MK7 GOLF R Exhaust Mods unknown - (1 car length) / Chatted with him a bit
Mustang Ecoboost Sounded stock - (3-4 car lengths) / Aggressively cut me off
Mustang V6 Exhaust - (5-6 car lengths) / Rode my bumper as I hit the cruise control.
350Z DE Exhaust Mods unknown (4-5 car lengths) / Ricer fly after losing
Audi A4 APR Stage I - (2-3 car lengths) / Massive tool. Words can't describe.
BMW F30 328i stock (5-6 car lengths) / Nothing happened
BMW 428i stock (5-6 car lengths)/ Rode my bumper after losing
Same Volvo S60 I beat stock, now it was tuned (3-4 car lengths)/ Pulled away

Losses:

MK7 GTI Mods unknown - (2-3 car lengths) Thumbs up
Subaru WRX STI Mods unknown (9-10 car lengths) Stupid fast. Felt like I was standing still. Flashed hazards at me. / I did a fly by thumbs up IDC
Genesis Coupe 3.8 Loud Exhaust Mods unknown - (1/2 car length) was pulling on him towards the end / Pulled away

I'm currently APR Stage II with absolutely no interest in racing anymore or looking to gain more power. It was an absolute blast to collect all these kills. Keep in mind, I didn't lose as much because I wasn't trying to race cars in superior categories. All these cars are generally in the similar price/power range. I'm aware that I would lose a lot more had I raced different cars. Just wanted to share and I had fun making this post reliving those races :)

Thanks for reading.

There are lots of people with attitude when they lose. I have only had 2 or 3 people give thumbs up or talk after I beat them. Mostly attitude, flybys, and turn offs after. Had a few that got real aggressive driving after. I am just having fun and don't usually initiate a race. Mostly pursued by the other guy to race and when they lose they get upset. lol Strange. My nephew has a Focus ST and he gets hounded for races all the time and he said most are friendly and want to talk win or lose. I guess its just not cool to get walked by a VW Wagon. lol

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Took down a G37 with an exhaust the other day. Had my windows down and sunroof open, so I complimented him on his exhaust at the stoplight. We rolled off and I didn't think anything was going to happen, so I shifted into 2nd early and fell back to his bumper. Then he punched it so I said wth and punched it too. By the time I'm done spinning I'm a car back, but in a few seconds I'm caught up and pulling on by him. Shut it down by 80 a car and a half in front. We both give the thumbs up and go our separate ways. Cool starry bra.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk