GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG shifts faster in auto mode vs Tiptronic?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You guys ruin every fucking thread with your squabbling.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Loonster

Ready to race!
You guys ruin every fucking thread with your squabbling.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So true. I like my DSG. How's that for a response? I really wanted a 6mt but opted for the DSG because how good it is. It's great using the paddles when I want to then putting it in "S" mode when in traffic. It shifts pretty darn smooth too....

Summons

I wonder if what the dealer meant (ref the OP) by faster was the 0-60 times or the shifting... I'd think he was wrong on both counts:
0-60 as I understand it, the car will redline the engine at each shift - I haven't paid attention exactly, too busy watching for cops ��. There is a DSG flash you can get that changes the shift points to just below the point where power drops off - well below the red line. So as a human in manual, I'd think if you were to shift there rather than at the redline, you'd maybe gain a .10 or so? Maybe?
Faster shifts:. Again I'd have thought the DSG simply swaps clutches and would do so at the same rate each shift no matter what - the exception being at slow crawl where it rides the clutch to allow sub idle speeds. So, again, I don't understand the dealership comments...
E