GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Belt smell coming from vent

xcr2000

Hey everybody.

Quick question I hope someone can assist with.

I noticed this yesterday and then tonight. I was driving home (30 minutes yesterday and an hour tonight so the oil temp is above 200) and stopped by my dads house (mom passed away in January so I like to visit him). Each time I was doing a wide open pull (rolling start) before I got to his house and turned off the car about 1-2 minutes after the pull.

After a few minutes of visiting I went out, started up my car to head home. Upon start up once the heater fan kicked on, I smelled like a slipping belt smell from the vent that quickly went away after a minute or so. I popped the hood and checked for the smell and I maybe can smell a faint smell back by he turbo inlet on the pcv side but very faint if anything. Nothing like the vents.

I haven’t ever smelled this during normal driving or if I do a hard pull or drive it hard and keep on driving after so it must be related to shutting the car off after a hard run and restarting it a few minutes later (10-15 or so).

Any ideas? I know our cars (17 R) run the oil pump for the turbo after shutdown to cool it so I didn’t think we had to let it idle a few minutes before shutdown anymore but maybe I am wrong.

I did recently get a new Sachs performance clutch (750 miles on it and correctly broken in) and apr stage 1 tune.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk