GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Consumption - MPG

Ricko1809

I have read a few threads now and people are quoting high MPG figures even when driven hard . Mine seems fine on a motorway say 75mph cruise control on around 52mpg. But When driving around town and giving it abit it drops significantly into the mid 30s.

What are people combined mpg are people achieving and what sort of driving does it relate too ?

Rick

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
I stopped using this app in Jan 2018, but this is 12months worth of readings from Feb 2017...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
...it’s my daily drive, and it’s 17 miles each way to work. I live one side of the Pennines, and work on the other.

From cold, it’s almost up hill from both sides straight away, so it’s working harder and drinking more. As I’d expect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have read a few threads now and people are quoting high MPG figures even when driven hard . Mine seems fine on a motorway say 75mph cruise control on around 52mpg. But When driving around town and giving it abit it drops significantly into the mid 30s.

What are people combined mpg are people achieving and what sort of driving does it relate too ?

Rick

A few weeks a go I had a Polo Bluemotion as a courtesy car, the computer seemed to suggest the car was doing 50mpg, however compared with the mileage done and the fuel used I used £2 less in a week compared to the GTI, that said the £2 was based on unleaded vs super so it probably was doing mid 30s without any performance.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I average about 7.5 litres per 100km. Mix of city highway. Not sure how this converts to mpg.

But you're comparing apples to oranges, since you have a NAR Golf with 1.8TSI, while this thread was posted in the GTD thread, which isn't an option on NAR cars.

soooty

My 2016 GTD DSG has averaged 47.8 mpg since new over 34k. Its done around 20k. I notice if i take it off i loose about 4 mpg. I drive an equal mix of motorway, A & B roads, and local roads. I don't hang about. I always keep it in Eco as I like the coast function. I do coast in neutral too quite a lot when braking, otherwise the auto coast disengages when your braking.

Last edited: