GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power folding mirrors OBDEleven Coding

jnmbasbas

I bought the ECS Power Folding mirrors for the MK7 GTI and R. ECS and USP provide great instructions on how to install and code with VCDS, but how about OBDEleven? Well here you go:

To enable lock/unlock power folding mirrors with key fob:
[09] Central Electronics
[16] Security Access - Code is 31347, click "Do it!"
[10] Adaptation, choose from the drop down channel
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegelanklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
Then in the car….
In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", select the option for “Fold away after parking.

To enable field lights on side mirrors:
[42] Door Electronics Driver Side
- Long Coding
-front_field_light --> active
-turn_off_front_field_light_with_folded_mirror --> active
[52] Door Electronics Passenger Side
- Long Coding
-front_field_light --> active
-turn_off_front_field_light_with_folded_mirror --> active

Let me know if something goes wrong!

dtanov

Can't get it to work!

Hi there,

I have a Golf MK7 TDI 2.0 and I've now purchased 2 sets of folding mirrors. I did the coding with OBD eleven where you go to Long Coding and you enable the 2 folding mirror options (Make one "Installed" and the second "Active).

The first set of mirrors I bought came with the blind spot assist option and there was nowhere for me to plug the separate cable as I don't have all around sensors. I thought this was the issue so I bought a second pair of mirrors.

The second I believe are from a Golf R, and have only one cable as my standard ones. I plugged that in but again no luck, mirrors won't fold. Also the puddle lights won't work either.

When I go to Output Test on OBDeleven I can move the mirrors up/down/left/right so they seem to be working fine. But when I try to test the Fold In/Out option nothing happens.

Could it be that I need a new controller perhaps? I believe mine is the same as this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NzEAAOSwVKRaJ5-R/s-l1600.jpg

Also to mention

In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", there is no option at all for Folding Mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dimi

Last edited:

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Can't get it to work!

Hi there,

I have a Golf MK7 TDI 2.0 and I've now purchased 2 sets of folding mirrors. I did the coding with OBD eleven where you go to Long Coding and you enable the 2 folding mirror options (Make one "Installed" and the second "Active).

The first set of mirrors I bought came with the blind spot assist option and there was nowhere for me to plug the separate cable as I don't have all around sensors. I thought this was the issue so I bought a second pair of mirrors.

The second I believe are from a Golf R, and have only one cable as my standard ones. I plugged that in but again no luck, mirrors won't fold. Also the puddle lights won't work either.

When I go to Output Test on OBDeleven I can move the mirrors up/down/left/right so they seem to be working fine. But when I try to test the Fold In/Out option nothing happens.

Could it be that I need a new controller perhaps? I believe mine is the same as this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NzEAAOSwVKRaJ5-R/s-l1600.jpg

Also to mention

In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", there is no option at all for Folding Mirrors.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dimi
you might need to upgrade your j386/7 module to highline. ensure your door module have the appropriate pins in the mirror plug location.