GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Stig

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Yes. He seemed cool. He clearly can handle his shit. I liked the beginning of the episode better than the second half.

I think there were a few stigs. He's just the one who outed himself i believe

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I think there were a few stigs. He's just the one who outed himself i believe

1st Stig wore a black suit, he appeared in the first 2 series, then the media found out who he was, so they sent him off of an aircraft carrier in a nitrous-powered Jag.

2nd Stig, Ben Collins, wore a white suit and appeared on Top Gear from 2003-2010. His identity was kept secret until he published his autobiography, titled "The Man in the White Suit."

3rd Stig (also in a white suit) has been on TG from 2010-present, identity unknown.

And of course, all of the Stig's various cousins...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Interesting tidbit.

Ben Collins thought of himself as the 4th cast member there and should have been compensated as such. In his book he never talked about his compensation other than to say it was minimal. He had talks with management and they refused to budge.

So he finds out that they had not trademarked "The Stig" name so he trademarks it and starts selling The Stig merchandise. Really wasn't in his contract not to do that, but of course the BBC, being the BBC, they got it from him.

Great book btw.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I like when Ben pops up in old Top Gear Episodes not as the Stig.

Ohhhhh yeah... He drove the Mercedes in the skydiving film, and I think he also drove the Bowler Wildcat in the downhill race against the kid on a skateboard.

I need to re-watch those old episodes one of these days.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just started rewatching a few months ago.
Started season 1 episode 1.

Now on season 9. Fun seeing the evolution of the show.

Like the Stig intros didn't start till season 4.

Used to do best of 5 laps, but with the change from Liana to Lacetti, 5 practice and timed 6th lap.

Show started with great car deals with Jason. They removed him from show in season 2 and replaced with James. They kept doing it for a few episodes afterwards and realized it didn't work with the flow of the show and the general theme.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Now on season 9. Fun seeing the evolution of the show.

The way their friendship/on-air chemistry developed over the years is fun to watch as well. You get to see where all their funny little traditions started ("always leave a man behind" etc.) and watch as James' wardrobe gets more ridiculous as the seasons go on.