GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG and startstop?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
My MY15 gtd only start stops when I am stationary and the brake pedal is pressed in.

My friends MY17 DSG golf engages it while he’s still rolling 2-3mph coming to a stand still, is this normal? Is one of the cars faulty or is it just newer technology?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
When I had my 2013 GTD, the start stop would only activate when I was at a complete stop. However now I'm on a 2016 GTD, I noticed like you say that the S/S system cuts in just before you have stopped rolling. For all practical purposes it makes no difference, just a change to the ECU software I guess.

A much bigger change for me is driving in Eco mode in the GTD. Again on my earlier car, selecting Eco from the driver select screen made the car feel like you were stirring porridge, and the car was awful to drive. However selecting Eco on the newer car is no where near as severe and is actually drivable in that mode.

LFTMON

Ready to race!
When I had my 2013 GTD, the start stop would only activate when I was at a complete stop. However now I'm on a 2016 GTD, I noticed like you say that the S/S system cuts in just before you have stopped rolling. For all practical purposes it makes no difference, just a change to the ECU software I guess.

A much bigger change for me is driving in Eco mode in the GTD. Again on my earlier car, selecting Eco from the driver select screen made the car feel like you were stirring porridge, and the car was awful to drive. However selecting Eco on the newer car is no where near as severe and is actually drivable in that mode.

Yes it dulls it down and sometimes infact makes it dangerous. I just keep it in normal mode for now!

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
Normal

Normal hate it get it programmed out much better

My MY15 gtd only start stops when I am stationary and the brake pedal is pressed in.

My friends MY17 DSG golf engages it while he’s still rolling 2-3mph coming to a stand still, is this normal? Is one of the cars faulty or is it just newer technology?

soooty

yep mine will cut engine out just before i come to a standstill. (2016 gtd).

I mostly keep it turned off though as its a terrible feature. It takes far too long from pressing accelerator to getting some forward motion.. normally will miss your gap to pull out at a busy junction while waiting for the engine to engage. Its on my top 3 list of things i hate about my golf

I wish the car started up with the stop/start disengaged instead of me having to remember to turn it off manually every time i get into the car. I do use the stop/start button to manually turn the engine off and on if at lights for a long time.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
yep mine will cut engine out just before i come to a standstill. (2016 gtd).

I mostly keep it turned off though as its a terrible feature. It takes far too long from pressing accelerator to getting some forward motion.. normally will miss your gap to pull out at a busy junction while waiting for the engine to engage. Its on my top 3 list of things i hate about my golf

I wish the car started up with the stop/start disengaged instead of me having to remember to turn it off manually every time i get into the car. I do use the stop/start button to manually turn the engine off and on if at lights for a long time.

Just disable auto start/stop with VCDS/OBDeleven...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Thats awesome if the obdeleven can disable that function.

It's a simple adaptation change, it alters the minimum voltage limit for the system to work. The system will never see 12.1V so start/stop will never get invoked.

Gateway - 19
Adaptation
Start/stop start voltage limit
Change existing value from 7.6 V to 12.1 V