GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

April ordering thread

Nevo

Ready to race!
Any April orders out there?

Switching from the GTD to Facelift GTI myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minchione

I ordered mine on the 14th! It's the Facelift SE Navigation 1.4 TSI (not a GTI unfortunately, but still super excited, as it is my very first new car).

When did you order yours, and what's the status of your order?

Mine today changed from 'With the factory' to 'Build week confirmed 22/May/17'.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I ordered mine on the 13th but with options added which can delay things.

Ive been driving a mk7 GTD since October 14 it's a great car you will love your mk7

Skeiz

My first post here. :)

I ordered a facelift Golf Variant on April 13th. I'm making the switch from an Opel / Vauxhall Astra to this and it'll be my first VW.

Since I'm located in Belgium, it's possible that specifications will differ compared to other markets and that I translated things incorrectly. In case anyone would care, this is the spec:

1.6 TDi 85kW Comfortline DSG7
K5 Tungsten Silver
T240 Pack Launch (PH2 Climatronic, 7X2 park pilot front & rear, PLA automatic headlights, 9S8 Active Info Display)
W48 Pack Travel (PND Navigation Media, KA1 Rear Assist camera, 6XQ electronically folding mirrors)
4KF Tinted windows 65%
PU3 Multifunctional 'leather' steering wheel with DSG paddles
4I3 Keyless Access
PXA Static LED headlights
PB4 ArtVelours ErgoActive seats

I actually wanted to spec the dynamic LED headlights, because the dealer told me that the DRL for the static lights only lights the outer DRL. However, the car is a company lease, so I had to limit my options to some extent due to budget constraints. I also know that I picked the infamous dry clutch DSG7, but since I won't have to pay the bill for servicing, I'm not too worried about any issues it may develop. :D

Sent an e-mail to the dealer today to get an update on the car and build week is confirmed to be week 20 (15-19 May). Expected arrival at the dealership would be around June 2nd. I'll be very happy with that if no delays occur, because when ordering the car I was told it would arrive at the end of June. :)

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I ordered an Audi A3 about 3 weeks ago does that count :rolleyes:

I waiting for the factory to confirm my configuration so god only knows when I might actually get it. I'm not so bothered right now as my GTD still makes me smile every time I drive it but its heading to 3.5 years old and its time for a change

I've had 3 Golfs on the bounce, each one has been a great drive and 100% reliable. I would have had another but I just can't live with the lower valance on the facelift Golf. Also, its a company car so I wanted a mid power petrol engine (150PS), which isn't yet available on the facelift car.

Nevo

Ready to race!
Enjoy the A3 Chris.

I'm looking at a long lead for the GTI DSG so I've pushed it back to get a 67 in September

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Thanks I will, going Audi kind of feels like im cheating on an old friend. Have to say despite ordering the S Line spec Audi dont give anything away. Autohold, or HHA (Hill Hold Assist to Audi) is a £75 option!!! I really can't see how you cant have it without the EPB and don't get me started on folding mirrors, another £250 option.

All that said, I knew what I was getting in to so I need to suck it up. I ticked the Tech pack advanced option without a second thought. This brings the active display and a few other goodies.

I actually ordered the 1.4TSI ACT but VAG are now building the 1.5tsi instead, the same engine is now available in the Golf. I don't yet know which I'll get, I expect it will be the 1.5 as the car will be MY18. High demand for the engine from the rest of the VAG group may well mean Santa Claus will drop it off on the way past. The wait isn't a huge problem, as you know the GTD is a great car to drive.

I waited almost 5 months for my GTD so I know what im in for. Its dissapointing you've got a long wait but the upside is you'll definitely get Fog lights!,

Nevo

Ready to race!
For me I'm changing early as a great deal landed in my lap. The extra long wait will give me just short of 3 years with my GTD so I'm not too worried as I still love the car.

I love the GTD and when I get the GTI it will be a throw back to 2000 when I had my mk4 GTI only this one will be quick.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
You can't walk away from a good deal, I wonder if sales of the higher spec MK7.5 cars aren't what they expected so VW are having to sweeten the deal.

My GTD was 3 years old at the end of March. By far the best of the 3 golfs I've owned. The MK5 Gt Sport was a great car, I had the TSI with the howling supercharger. The MK6 GT TDI, was Ok nothing special. The MK7 is just a different level.

Anyway - Update!

Bolton Audi just advised my car will be built Week 22 (w/c 29th May) !! ETA at dealer early July. This is the first week of MY18.
That makes about 6 weeks between order and build. This is far quicker than I was expecting AND I'll get the new 1.5TSI

Feeling rather happy right now !

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered mine on 21 April, however it still shows with factory. No sign of build week. Start to worry that it's going to take longer than I expect. I cant wait to get rid of my Astra MK6. It's really a crap.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I'm still at stage 2. If you've ordered a dsg I think there is quite a lead time

Gaz1

Ready to race!
My GTD was ordered 13th of April, with keyless and art velours interior. Build week 22/5. Hoping to have it by the end of June as thats when my current lease ends.

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
My GTD was ordered 13th of April, with keyless and art velours interior. Build week 22/5. Hoping to have it by the end of June as thats when my current lease ends.

I am wondering how soon you have the build week confirm after you placed the order. I start to worry about mine. It's been nearly 4 weeks so far. Can I ask sales to do anything about it?