GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Carbon steel mk7 manual S

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Took off the Austin's the other day and put on the new shoes! Specs of the new rims are 18 x 8.5 et45 VMR v718 powdercoated gunmetal wrapped with 235/40/18 continental dws06. my previous setup with Austin's/ECS 15&20 spacers/ED springs were rubbing the inner rear fenders esp. with 4 passengers. Also was surprised my alignment was way off too.

Overall, I can't believe I went this long before upgrading tires. Ride and performance is much improved!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought Max coat wheel gaurd by chemical guys. It's advertised as reducing brake dust by 75% for 6 to 8 months. I pretty much caked it on even though it said to lightly apply it. Lol.

Also bought bms exhaust tips. They make the exhaust look super beefy! Love the look and quality is really good too.

And finally got around to felt lining the driver side storage cubby. I also noticed my helix subwoofer had some scuffs because of the spare+sub combo so I lined the underside of the trunk floor with some felt too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Nice thread. I have done a lot of the same stuff. :D

I tried Chem Guys max coat and it did not work for me. Carefully applied to brand new wheels. Still had loads of brake dust even right away. Normally I like their products but came away unimpressed with this one. Hopefully your gunmetal VMR's will hide it better. Mine are silver and they go from 100% clean to looking terrible very quickly.

Planning for a clutch upgrade with the NPM or just rolling the dice? The extra horses worth it you feel? My car is also a DD and I've been struggling for a long time with the temptation and relatively low cost of adding power vs. the other requisite costs that might come with it (tires, clutch failure, extra engine stress, etc).

Will be interested to see the ROAV installation.

Good stuff and keep sharing.

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice thread. I have done a lot of the same stuff. :D

I tried Chem Guys max coat and it did not work for me. Carefully applied to brand new wheels. Still had loads of brake dust even right away. Normally I like their products but came away unimpressed with this one. Hopefully your gunmetal VMR's will hide it better. Mine are silver and they go from 100% clean to looking terrible very quickly.

Planning for a clutch upgrade with the NPM or just rolling the dice? The extra horses worth it you feel? My car is also a DD and I've been struggling for a long time with the temptation and relatively low cost of adding power vs. the other requisite costs that might come with it (tires, clutch failure, extra engine stress, etc).

Will be interested to see the ROAV installation.

Good stuff and keep sharing.
Thanks for the kind words! Saw your build too, very similar tastes haha.

I'm gonna roll the dice with the clutch. I rarely do some spirited driving but it's nice to have that extra jolt of power trying to get away from crazy drivers here in LA haha. I went with the NPM because of the less power/stress on the car so only time will tell how that goes.

I'm putting off hardwiring the dashcam cuz I kinda wanted a rear cam and I'm not 100% sure how to tackle the wiring with everything. Might wait around black Friday/cyber Monday for a good deal.

Also got the Boomba short shifter adapter. But I found out someone stole my tools out of my storage unit so I have wait till I get some new ones to install it.

My mk5 rear head rests off eBay for 60 bucks. Not sure how I like how they're gray but I like how they're lower for sure. I guess since the car is csg it kinda works.

Also noticed both of my my ecs ziza license plate led lights were flickering and I tried troubleshooting both but to no avail. Probably gonna go with deautoled license plate lights since I'm happy with my reverse leds from them.

Last edited:

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Very intetested to hear how the spoiler and steering wheel cover have been holding up? I so want to pull the trigger on both.
Steering wheel has been holding up very well but I keep it garaged almost 90% of the time so no issues with fading or anything. Love how the steering wheel feels. Easily cleaned too. Take your time with time install and you'll thank yourself later.

As for the spoiler, it's holding up very well. install hasn't shown any issues and paint job is also holding up well too. Very satisfied how the spoiler makes the rear end look.
Nice!

How do you like the VMR 710's so far?
Love em![emoji106]

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Been hibernating for a while and since my last post, my wife and I are expecting or first child so busy prepping for that. Sunshades, mirror, carseat, and seat cover installed.

Also detailed the exterior: clay bar, polished, and waxed the car in the last few months too.

When I did that I found out that my headlight housings were cracking and peeling. Disappointing to say the least. But I guess that's probably what I should expect from done cheap Chinese headlight housings. So went ahead and ordered some some eds headlights from becautoparts.com. Went with them cuz a number of users here use them and they seem to be better built than other aftermarket headlights.

Installed the new headlight housings and used my old deautokey hid kit in them. Very satisfied with the end result. Very bright and the beam pattern is much better than my old headlight housings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited: