GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thibault's Sportwagen/Variant/Estate 1.4tsi (Chinese market)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, i saw your cosmetic upgrade on your build already ^^.
But I planned to paint the uncovered area by the washer.
My father bought me the small OEM paint repair kit (can't get in China through the dealers).
I'll try this way 1st then if not happy with it, I'll use larger washer from one of my suppliers.
Thanx for the reminder!

I painted mine (ECS) now it looks like it came like that from the factory:) keeps my OCD in check :)

Thibault China

Ready to race!
I painted mine (ECS) now it looks like it came like that from the factory:) keeps my OCD in check :)
That's what I'm planning too ha ha!
I think I'm less OCD oriented but more for protection.
Planing on painting the exposed steel from where the factory washer seated then paint the new washer and Hex-nut part of the new ball-screw.
(...understood myself but not sure for others ^^)

I'm just waiting on my parents trip to China to bring me the LA5J(pacific blue) paint-repair kit which is not available in China, even at dealer's stores...
They'll bring me the front-exhaust tunnel cover panel^^.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow I'm surprised that they do not offer it there, I wonder why that is. Fun fact last Saturday I went to by paint for my Tornado Red GTI mirror covers since I ordered my power folding mirrors from China and the caps come in white I want to paint them and have them as spare, anyways prices for red paint here is insane, US 250.00 for 1 quart US 65 for a pint and 35 for a spray can (not bad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Yes, I asked my dealer (VW-Import) and FAW-VW(一汽大众) which sell the normal Golf and the GTI made in China...
Both of them replied me that dealers in China don't have paint-kits for sell...

That's why I asked my father to purchase one from France for me, cause every dealer there have those kits (the pencils or spray-cans ones) which common to have at least in France.
I asked the basic set which is 2 small bottle (1 paint, 1 "afterpaint" for shiny and protection) used with a small pencil. (14€ if I recall)

The use I'll have with this kit is limited, but it's to do small surfaces for the ECS hatch pop kit and it will then just be a "in case" kit 'cause my insurance offers me free paint once a year on 7 places of the car which is nice and will be done next month.

It is possible to buy aftermarket's spray-cans on chinese internet but they simply don't have my colour's reference yet but I don't loose hope.
The new Touran made in China (released last month) propose the same colour as my imported Sportwagen-Golf.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
APRIL 2016 mods 4/4

-Dimming/smoked film on exterior rear-view mirrors (70rmb)

PHOTO for Later ^^
(little busy these days and want talk about my new switches and post pictures without fu*king up the numbering of the post/mods)

I'm happy with the result and no-more getting-blind by cars ^^.
Put well the driver side but have some small bubbles on the passenger's one due to some dust...

(THIS POST WILL BE EDITED LATER TO ADD PICTURES)

Thibault China

Ready to race!
MAY 2016 mods 1/?

-FULL LEFT/RIGHT SWITCHES AROUND GEAR BOX with HARNESS (420rmb)
BEFORE/AFTER:
gearbox buttons (788 x 694).jpg
gearbox buttons NEW (788 x 591).jpg

I just put the switches on and didn't touched the wiring yet because I don't have lot of time for this mod (yet).

Here are the harnesses I received with my switches (next to old ones).
LEFT-New- MODE-_-ESP Harness (788 x 591).jpg
RIGHT-New- TPMS-_-_ Harness (788 x 591).jpg

Basically, the new harnesses only have the new wires for the new buttons I added and they don't have the wires I have on my stock harnesses...
I'll have to take the new wires out of the new-harnesses and plug them in my old harnesses later to have functional new button.

Here are the Pins used on THESE harness:

LEFT(OLD): BLANK / Start&Stop / Blank (pin4 and 7 used)
LEFT-Old- _-StartStop-_ PINS (788 x 591).jpg

LEFT(NEW): MODE / no wires / ESP (pin3, 6 and 10... how about the 9?)
LEFT-New- MODE-_-ESP PINS (788 x 591).jpg

RIGHT(OLD): BLANK / ParkAssit / ParkSensors (pin3,4,6 and 7 used)
RIGHT-Old- _-Assist-Radar PINS (788 x 591).jpg

RIGHT(NEW): TPMS / no wires / no wires (pin9 and 10 used)
RIGHT-New- TPMS-_-_ PINS (788 x 591).jpg

So, as I said, I'll have to put the old+new harness in one later, to have full functional buttons. (+ VCDS that I'll see with my local APR shop)

For what I manage to understand from the packaging:

For MODE, it's written to use pin3(YELLOW) wire to T73/pin34 (on ABS module, engine-bay) and pin6(BLACK/GREY) wire to T73/pin21 (on ABS module, engine-bay).

For ESP, it's written to use pin10(BLACK/YELLOWish) wire to SC34 (which must be the Fuse34 used by Golfdave) but nothing about the pin9 which is confirmed by Golfdave and my voltmeter to be useful)

For TPMS, it's written to use pin9(Grey/Green) wire to T46/pin39 (don't know which module, and where, yet) and pin10(Black/Yellowish) wire to SC34 which should be the fuse34 also.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
MAY 2016 mods 2/?

-FRONT-EXHAUST TUNNEL TRAY (18.54€)
ref: 5Q0825229C

I took some time this morning to finally install this part my parents brought me from France (and this part IS made in France ^^)...
I took some black bolts/washers/nuts I have in our warehouse and the install was very easy even if the front side is narrow to slide a nut there.

Here is the result:
(sorry but as Golfdave would say^^, it rained cats&dogs yesterday and the same is planned tomorrow, so didn't cleaned anything...)
20160506_111345.jpg
20160506_111424.jpg
20160506_111320.jpg

I also put back the factory downpipe because my CATless one bring exhaust fume in the cabin and is a bit noisy even when light-foot driving...
So with this extra panel there, daily traffic-jam and hot weather arriving, it would have been horrible !
20160506_111301.jpg

Next step would be to improve aero just after this front-tunnel tray, but also letting some air going through to cool and evacuate heat of the exhaust...
20160506_111407.jpg

I'll soon get the rear-exhaust tray and the rear-axle tray from my local Dealer so I'll have plenty more occasion to look under my car's skirt ha ha...

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
How much for your catless downpipe? Sending to Mexico by ems¿

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

figgy1

Ready to race!
FEBRUARY/March 2016

SOUNDPROOFING (+/-3000rmb)
-engine (front bonnet/windshield area)
View attachment 8841
View attachment 8842
(I've put back the black/soft cover on the bonnet to "hide" the blue thing)

-doors
(rear-right door for pictures)
View attachment 8843
View attachment 8844
(I've let the stock plastic cover in the inside of the door)

-roof (behind sunroof mostly + panels)
View attachment 8845
View attachment 8846
(didn't remove any stock soundproofing material)

-cargo area (floor + panels + door-panel)
View attachment 8847
View attachment 8848
View attachment 8849
(put back stock soundproof material on top of mines)

-interior (rear-seat/floor/bottom-door-panels/front-engine)
View attachment 8853
View attachment 8854
(added 1 layer of soundproofing under the rear-seat, and from low-windshield area to the floor on both driver and passenger side, + cover near wheels-arches)

-fenders (front/rear fenders + removable-panels)
(front-right side for pictures)
View attachment 8850
View attachment 8851
View attachment 8852

Most of the time, I've took out then put back on top the stock soundproofing material(boot area+windshield for example...)

Maybe will update my soundproofing Thread that I started but take times and I thing I've forget to take some useful pictures...)

Nice job Thibault. Do you think doing the fender wells makes a big difference ? I’m planning on just door panels and boot on my Mk7 but may consider other areas fender well & bonnet hood if it makes a big difference.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Is it just bolt on job? Does it need any additional parts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn thats really inexpensive, the cheapest r-line bumper I found in for the US is ~$1000. Why is this so costly for the mk7? Back when I had a e90 BMW, a bunch of 3rd party replica bumpers were available for cheap.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Is it just bolt on job? Does it need any additional parts?

Yes, just bolt-on job.
Just need to order the right bumper according to your current one:
-water spray hole+cover for Xenon headlights
-holes for radar sensors

Because of my Park-assist, I just needed to drill the bumper on near the fender BUT the bumper already have the "X"marks to tell you where to drill (on the inside of course)

Only re-used the spray system of my stock bumper, no mods needed.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Damn thats really inexpensive, the cheapest r-line bumper I found in for the US is ~$1000. Why is this so costly for the mk7? Back when I had a e90 BMW, a bunch of 3rd party replica bumpers were available for cheap.

Yes it is!

Have the chance to live in the "world's factory"/China ^^.
Could find easily eveything I guess.

Only thing is I can't find, localy, the vertical spoiler's fin for my estate which is an imported model from germany.