Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I like where you're going with this.

Thanks!
Got them on tonight but was a bit of a work out. That's it, I've decided I'm getting a stud conversion kit. Way too much of a Lon annoyance getting wheels on and off.

Anyway, I dig the look. The center cap decals aren't phenomenal but no one will notice. I think I broke off a tab or two putting them in but they feel sturdy so must not matter. Will be removing white window decals Bc they clash. I'll post some pics when it's light out.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
How did the tires do in the rain we had recently?

Great! Tires are awesome in the wet

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Looking into potentially getting mudguards. New tires are so sticky, I can just hear the difference in how many rocks and such get kicked up. Here's the thing though, I don't want super flashy, gaudy looking ones. I'm just not the guy to pull that off. The OEM ones look best to me as they're more subtle and blend in with the design of the car better, IMO.

My question is if the OEM mudguards really offer much protection or difference? Is something expensive like rally armor rly worth it? Again, I don't like the look of those kind for my car but curious to know if anyone has experience trying all these. Seen some reviews and everyone seems happy w the OEM mudguards but I haven't gotten much clarification on a before and after. Want to know I'm getting what I pay for, so anyone with some advice hit me up.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Also, those new center caps haven't been working for me as the decals just don't fit right. My perfectionism gets the better of me

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
At the dealer for 30k mile service and oil change - that went fast!

I feel like they’re trying to mug me with a $300 price tag labor included. They tried to get me for another $130 for a balance and I was all uh-uh. This isn’t the dealer I bought the car at, but curious why the high price for oil change, brake check and other fluids?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Looking into potentially getting mudguards. New tires are so sticky, I can just hear the difference in how many rocks and such get kicked up. Here's the thing though, I don't want super flashy, gaudy looking ones. I'm just not the guy to pull that off. The OEM ones look best to me as they're more subtle and blend in with the design of the car better, IMO.

My question is if the OEM mudguards really offer much protection or difference? Is something expensive like rally armor rly worth it? Again, I don't like the look of those kind for my car but curious to know if anyone has experience trying all these. Seen some reviews and everyone seems happy w the OEM mudguards but I haven't gotten much clarification on a before and after. Want to know I'm getting what I pay for, so anyone with some advice hit me up.

Check these mud guards out:
http://www.rallyarmor.com

They look like a great fit for keeping your car free from road debris :cool:

At the dealer for 30k mile service and oil change - that went fast!

I feel like they’re trying to mug me with a $300 price tag labor included. They tried to get me for another $130 for a balance and I was all uh-uh. This isn’t the dealer I bought the car at, but curious why the high price for oil change, brake check and other fluids?

They should be doing the brake fluid flush at 30k. But for just the oil and brake fluid it still sounds high.

On a side note I picked up the same Neuspeed wheels that you have though they are a different color. I might get them refinished a different color since they are currently bright silver.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Check these mud guards out:

http://www.rallyarmor.com

They look like a great fit for keeping your car free from road debris :cool:

They should be doing the brake fluid flush at 30k. But for just the oil and brake fluid it still sounds high.

On a side note I picked up the same Neuspeed wheels that you have though they are a different color. I might get them refinished a different color since they are currently bright silver.

Thanks for link I will check it out.

What made you choose the neuspeeds? Good choice :) I have to say I’m very pleased w my setup, comfy and lightweight. Good for spirited driving or just all around daily driving.

I’ve seen the RSe05s in gunmetal on a MK7 and they looked great

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks for link I will check it out.

What made you choose the neuspeeds? Good choice :) I have to say I’m very pleased w my setup, comfy and lightweight. Good for spirited driving or just all around daily driving.

I’ve seen the RSe05s in gunmetal on a MK7 and they looked great

I went with them for the better ride and potholes. I haven't decided what seasons I'll be using them for quite yet. Leaning towards warm weather use :)

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I too am looking at getting the OEM guards. The area passed the wheel wells were the side skirt trim starts is always a mess.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I went with them for the better ride and potholes. I haven't decided what seasons I'll be using them for quite yet. Leaning towards warm weather use :)

I can’t tell you how nice it is not to cringe if I happen to hit a pot hole. The 17s hold up way better to the abuse from Jersey/PA roads, not that I still don’t drive cautiously. Plus the meaty setup just looks more #racecar [emoji108]

Last edited:

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I can’t tell you how nice it is not to cringe if I happen to hit a pot hole. The 17s hold up way better to the abuse from Jersey/PA roads, not that I still don’t drive cautiously. Plus the meaty setup just looks more #racecar [emoji108]

I'm sure it's noted somewhere through the pages... but what percentage are your windows :eek::)

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure it's noted somewhere through the pages... but what percentage are your windows :eek::)

22%[emoji106]