GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Battery type

sng

Hi guys,

So I brought a NOCO G7200 battery charger. And there is two type of charging options on it; 12V AGM or 12V Lithium. I am from Canada and I am not sure which type should I choose. Any help? Thank you!

Very most probably it's neither AGM nor Lithium, however you'll need to open your
hood and see what your battery says. That said, I don't get why you didn't do this
before you spent money on a charger.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I take it is a German made "R"...so that's EFB type...... so neither ..get a different type of charger..

I have retro fitted an AGM battery to my car & have a CTEK charger which does AGM & 12v supply, along with standard battery types..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Dealership in Edmonton Canada here sell the Ctek charger so I think we do have AGM fitted in the golf R here.

CTEK are the best chargers & make various models..just because the dealer sells them does not mean that you car has an AGM battery fitted!..

EFB it what you will have if you have stop/start as this is similar to an AGM but way cheaper...

If you don't have stop start then the next type down from EFB is more likely to be fitted..

post a picture of the top of the battery...

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

So I brought a NOCO G7200 battery charger. And there is two type of charging options on it; 12V AGM or 12V Lithium. I am from Canada and I am not sure which type should I choose. Any help? Thank you!
The G7200 has 8 charging modes which include:

12v
24v
12v AGM
12v Lithium Ion

Read the manual, it'll show you how to cycle between the modes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dealership in Edmonton Canada here sell the Ctek charger so I think we do have AGM fitted in the golf R here.
Why do you think it should be AGM? I've never seen any AGM in any Golf.
Volkswagen use to use EFB batteries for vehicles equipped with start/stop.
AGM batteries aren't even ideal, as they don't like the engine bay's heat.
Remember BMWs use to have the battery in the trunk not just for weight
distribution reasons.

Again, why not just have a look under the hood? :confused: