GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Thats a bummer Jay!

I’m here scratching my head on my next move. I need something more reliable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
The siren is different on every car but typically it indicates a shaft that is following a +0.05 degree of angle off its original rotational path, per say. The sound is caused from both metal touching where it shouldn't and causing a change in the way air circulates within the housing, hence the high pitched whine. Though I've seen some that have it and never blow and some that blow without having it. Diagnostic tools are always the best way to figure compressor issues out as our ears can be deceiving.

My car made that siren noise on IS20 for 25000 miles. As soon as i got on boost, the noise was just the normal whoosh. I am not so sure that your turbo is gone.....check for shaft play.....disconnect inlet and downpipe.....if its tight like tiger, you're ok.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
My car made that siren noise on IS20 for 25000 miles. As soon as i got on boost, the noise was just the normal whoosh. I am not so sure that your turbo is gone.....check for shaft play.....disconnect inlet and downpipe.....if its tight like tiger, you're ok.

Hmm... good info. I will have it out of the car on the 2nd and can check it out then.

I'm still going to send it off to Gpop for them to take a look, for piece of mind if nothing else. If they give it a clean bill of health, and I don't like the powerband of the is38, I'll throw it back in the car :)

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hmm... good info. I will have it out of the car on the 2nd and can check it out then.

I'm still going to send it off to Gpop for them to take a look, for piece of mind if nothing else. If they give it a clean bill of health, and I don't like the powerband of the is38, I'll throw it back in the car :)

Who is removing and installing the turbo back? DIY? SO much work!!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't you hear Jay? You just throw it at the engine bay and you're good to go.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I think Jay should just buy all the aftermarket turbos and try them out for us.

Set up a GoFundMe and I'll beat the shit out of my car for you guys :D. 10k should get us through the lesser-purchased turbskis

Achtuning in Redmond, WA is going to do the swap. I don't like dealing with the fluid lines, and can't risk fucking something up and being down for days.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Set up a GoFundMe and I'll beat the shit out of my car for you guys :D. 10k should get us through the lesser-purchased turbskis

Achtuning in Redmond, WA is going to do the swap. I don't like dealing with the fluid lines, and can't risk fucking something up and being down for days.

I love those guys, but I got a much cheaper and just as good or better solution for ya... hit me up for the info

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I love those guys, but I got a much cheaper and just as good or better solution for ya... hit me up for the info

so like you just gonna dangle the words cheaper in front of all of us n not say anything?

Ruuuuuuuude

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Feel free to message me for the info

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You guys should all be going Garrett/BW genuine CHRA's. The next down from that is a hybrid that replaces the entire CHRA, like DBV2 does. I did 400whp on complete pump gas, shaft is almost twice the size of the IS38 (TD06H).

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You guys should all be going Garrett/BW genuine CHRA's. The next down from that is a hybrid that replaces the entire CHRA, like DBV2 does. I did 400whp on complete pump gas, shaft is almost twice the size of the IS38 (TD06H).

I'd like to eventually, waiting on G25 solutions.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
This. G25 = best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Has there been any independent testing of them anywhere?

Aside from an admittedly incredibly efficient looking compressor map, I've seen very little actual info on them. I know they're available to purchase, but with limited housing options as well.