GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 AM   #86
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Drives: Night Blue MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by demi9od View Post
I ran just engine mounts alone without a dogbone insert for a couple weeks. When I installed my insert this past weekend there was an easily perceptible change in shift slop when downshifting and engine braking. No increased NVH from the insert at all. At least with my setup, the insert doesn't seem engaged unless the drivetrain moves a couple MM. It slid in very easily. I am guessing something with a tighter fit like the BFI stage 2 insert would add NVH. Never tried the 034 insert because of the reports of it breaking.
That interesting, do you drive in D at all?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:17 PM   #87
demi9od

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater View Post
That interesting, do you drive in D at all?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I mostly drive in D. My insert is the Integrated Engineering one rather than the 034. This was the order of my install and the affect.

Roc-Euro arm - no NVH added, wheelhop eliminated with all-seasons, still some wheel hop with summers. Downshift lurching coming to a stop in D still present but less severe.

Revo Engine / BFI transmission mounts - NVH added, but mostly (N), minimal vibration and no harshness. Wheel hop with summers still present, but hops were quick and mild, barely transmitted to chassis. Downshift lurching slightly reduced but still present. Cornering slop greatly reduced.

IE insert - no NVH added, cannot comment on summer wheel hop as I am back on all-seasons until spring. Downshift lurching eliminated.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #88
odessa.filez

Drives: 2016 GSW 1.8T S
op, can you tell me which insert for my car from pic?
odessa.filez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #89
railroader

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn DP,Water/meth,turbo inlet pipe
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa.filez View Post
op, can you tell me which insert for my car from pic?
I believe it's v2

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
IS38, Ceramic Coated and DEI wrapped APR DP catless, turbo inlet pipe, BMS water/meth, I.E. Intercooler,DKM Twin DIsk clutch, JB4, airbox mod with afe drop in, cts silicone intake hose, spulen short shift f/b s/s, 034 solid bushing set, Spulen charge pipe
1971 Chevy Nova rust bucket project
railroader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #90
Jords

Drives: Golf GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
I believe it's v2

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

V2 for definite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:52 AM   #91
Dubbster

Drives: 2016VW GTI
Cool

I just put this in my GTI. I love it. As others have said the feel of the car doesn't add much NVH. Great addition to my car. I have noticed that from a dead stop my car does not wheel hop/spin tires as easy. Im DSG and have a downpipes, APR complete intake. I am also JB1 tuned as well. Will be going JB1-JB4 upgrade and playing with the maps. We will see how the dogbone mount will work out.
Dubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #92
Scrodee

Drives: '17 GTI Sport 6MT Night Blue Metallic
I've seen that some people have found their insert was bent or malformed after awhile.
I was under my car the other day and checked mine out. No warping or anything after about 20k miles at stage 2. Still performs great, one of the best mods for the $ IMO.
Maybe the people this happens to aren't installing or torquing properly? Maybe they just thrash their cars...

'17 Night Blue Metallic GTI Sport 6MT | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | Boomba short shift adapter and knob | VWR downpipe, intercooler, turbo inlet pipe, & turbo muffler delete | AFE drop-in filter | AWE track catback with Vibrant 1750 resonator | Cobb AP, tuned by 5150
Old 01-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #93
Unreal1

Drives: 2015 VW GTI DSG
The IE insert looks like a better design, but I thought people were having issue with the poly bushings breaking apart?

I currently have the 034 insert, but I'm a bit worried about running this at the track. Thinking about switching.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #94
demi9od

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
The IE insert looks like a better design, but I thought people were having issue with the poly bushings breaking apart?

I currently have the 034 insert, but I'm a bit worried about running this at the track. Thinking about switching.
I don't think I've heard of anyone with an insert (BFI, Neuspeed, IE, etc.) being squished out or cut. There were some issues with the full puck replacement (revo) breaking.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #95
navindralr

Drives: 2017 GTI SE 4DR 6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by demi9od View Post
I don't think I've heard of anyone with an insert (BFI, Neuspeed, IE, etc.) being squished out or cut. There were some issues with the full puck replacement (revo) breaking.
I have the BFI one and it tore apart. It was vibrating and making all kinds of weird noises. Finally looked at it and it was ripped and missing peices. I replaced it with the 034. Much better.
navindralr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #96
demi9od

Quote:
Originally Posted by navindralr View Post
I have the BFI one and it tore apart. It was vibrating and making all kinds of weird noises. Finally looked at it and it was ripped and missing peices. I replaced it with the 034. Much better.
I stand corrected.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #97
navindralr

irony of the story is that i had first purchased the 034 mount and then read stories about it bending, so I left it in my toolbox and purchased the bfi insert. Turns out the bfi insert took a shit on me so I went to my toolbox and installed the 034 mount lol.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:32 PM   #98
demi9od

Quote:
Originally Posted by navindralr View Post
irony of the story is that i had first purchased the 034 mount and then read stories about it bending, so I left it in my toolbox and purchased the bfi insert. Turns out the bfi insert took a shit on me so I went to my toolbox and installed the 034 mount lol.
Did you have motor/trans mounts at the time? I'm thinking the more engine stability you've got, the less likely any one mounting component is to fail.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #99
navindralr

Here is a pic of it. That's how it was in the car. I had to pull it out piece by piece. I didn't have engine mounts with it initially. Only after it was already fucked up.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:19 AM   #100
RecycledDonuts

Drives: 2018 GTI S/6MT/GFG
That’s the stage one, correct? I have the stage 2 and wonder about its life span.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:21 AM   #101
navindralr

to add to that ^

it was rattling around like a bitch making all kinds of noise. Right now I am using the 034 v2 insert. It has way less vibrations at idle than the BFI insert. Shifts feel about the same, but I'm also using 034 motor and transmission mounts. I'll probably just keep running the 034 insert and replace it with another one if it gets too bent or beat up. I would like to replace the whole mount with a superpro mount but I'm not sure if they sell that piece alone or only in their 3 piece mount package.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:21 AM   #102
Steve A

Drives: Soon to have either a 15 or 16 GTI
Anyone running one of these ???

https://roc-euro.com/products/roceur...ain-stabilizer

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38474

Last edited by Steve A; 02-18-2018 at 01:25 AM. Reason: addition
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote