GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing: The AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Exhaust Suite

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Nothing like a fresh Track Edition Exhaust.

Looking great!

Though I noticed that the rear section changed a bit?
Any details on that?

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I'm sure you guys did dyno tests, etc, etc and I'm also sure my car will never be at a power level where it would make a difference, but the new y seems to make the exhaust flow change directions a lot more quickly.

Any reason why, when developing the stamping, you went with that design over something more similar to the original design or say, a Magnaflow 10778?

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
I'm sure you guys did dyno tests, etc, etc and I'm also sure my car will never be at a power level where it would make a difference, but the new y seems to make the exhaust flow change directions a lot more quickly.

Any reason why, when developing the stamping, you went with that design over something more similar to the original design or say, a Magnaflow 10778?

Correctamundo. Modeling showed no effect on flow, nor has our real-world testing showed any deviation from the original design. This compact stamping opened up opportunities to use it on other products in our catalog -- to double dip, if you will. ;)

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Correctamundo. Modeling showed no effect on flow, nor has our real-world testing showed any deviation from the original design. This compact stamping opened up opportunities to use it on other products in our catalog -- to double dip, if you will. ;)

That makes perfect sense. :cool:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Due to the volume of this exhaust suite, investment in tooling for a stamped y-pipe merge was justified. Doing so provided a significant increase in efficiency and manufacturability. :)
I figured as much. I knew it was a really high volume system considering how many GTI's there are out there.

Fantastic! :cool:

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 for awe exhaust. I got the tour setup at first but really wanted more sound so got the track conversion as well *DOH!*. Oh well , I can save the tour when I decide to get a DP. Customer service was top notch, when I emailed them about a clamp breaking they sent me a new one free of charge even though I offer to pay. Thanks AWE!

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Installed the Performance Downpipe this past weekend coupled with the Track catback I've had on since July.... My god this thing screams now. Definite increase in throttle response and power coupled with a quicker spool. Im really enjoying it for now and will see how I feel after a few months to see if I should convert to the touring setup. DSG farts above 4k @ full throttle are addictive, however there is drone 2.1k-3k so if you are worried about that then I would recommend the touring catback to mitigate that a bit.

Another quality part from AWE that delivers!

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Installed the Performance Downpipe this past weekend coupled with the Track catback I've had on since July.... My god this thing screams now. Definite increase in throttle response and power coupled with a quicker spool. Im really enjoying it for now and will see how I feel after a few months to see if I should convert to the touring setup. DSG farts above 4k @ full throttle are addictive, however there is drone 2.1k-3k so if you are worried about that then I would recommend the touring catback to mitigate that a bit.

Another quality part from AWE that delivers!

Glad you're all buttoned up rumblin', my friend!

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
+1 for awe exhaust. I got the tour setup at first but really wanted more sound so got the track conversion as well *DOH!*. Oh well , I can save the tour when I decide to get a DP. Customer service was top notch, when I emailed them about a clamp breaking they sent me a new one free of charge even though I offer to pay. Thanks AWE!

Preparation is never a bad thing.

Apologies for the clamp but thank you for the patience while waiting for the new one to arrive. :)

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Droppin' in to see how everyone is doing!

Also, 7.5 owners: good things coming your way.

Finally, someone reached out to me asking about the resonators in our Touring Edition configuration (or the conversion kit - whichever you prefer to call it), particularly if they were ours... or some off the shelf unit, and if they were hollow. Below is an image of a batch of mid sections straight from production, and I'm here to inform anyone who may be wondering -- we build them ourselves, and they are not hollow. They feature a special blend of acoustic packing material specific for the Mk7, with downpipe tones in mind. :)

As always, here for questions and to chat! Hoping all is good for everyone.