GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thiking about going stage 3? help

kesmarc

Hi, i just bough a new golf R (20 000km) the 27december, i already put CTS downpipe,intercooler,intake,turbo inlet, dog bone,RS7 sparkplug and UM stage 2 tcu and engine tune.
I'm already thiking going with the CTS boss 600. i heard you only need a fueling kit with it and a remaping, is that right? what price can i expect for instalation and maybe what other pieces i might need? im looking about what money it will cost me to go with all of that! thanks. (sorry for english)

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I would talk to your UM dealer to see what kind of fuel setup their tunes are made for.
all depends on how much power/boost you want to run.
you can run a boss kit w/o fueling but the boost will be low, add a fuel pump and turn up the boost, add an MPI kit and turn up the boost even more.
It's too bad you went with UM because the eurodyne maestro will soon be able to control the MPI and there is a great tuner in the ottawa region.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Mines actually going in for the boss600 kit tomorrow. I grabbed the boss600 kit on Black Friday and precision raceworks fueling kit also. Make sure you talk with your tuner or that he talks with UM, there is a part of the fueling kit that’s been recently updated, I don’t remember exactly what but that’s what mine was waiting on for install.

So back to your question, yes you can run that kit on a stock block R, they just limit tq output in the tuning. If you are a current UM customer I believe the tuning up charge is only $450. Also if you want to run full e85 you’ll want to go with big rail injectors 1200cc + and if you do go that route you’ll want UM’s flex fuel kit in addition to the turbo kit and port fueling kit.

Just remember while you should be fine on the stock block, correctly tuned, the 600 can easily push past the limitations of the oem motor. From my research there is a little concern of “valve float” on the 600 kits if you’re constantly beating on it, if it’s more of a daily driver it seems not to be much of a concern. To get the most out of the kit you would want to do head work, so u can wind her out to 8k + and build the bottom end. That being said it seems like a very nice kit on the stock motor with room to grow if u ever decide to build the motor and up the boost into the 30+ psi range, which from my understanding these garret turbos absolutely love.

Anyway, I’ll know more first hand next week, I’m excited for it, those ball bearing turbos sound sweet too! You’re probably looking between 7500-9000 grand installed, depending exactly what injectors you go with, if u buy the flex fuel kit and whatever your shops hourly rate is, it gets pricey quick. Just a quick breakdown, turbo kit roughly 3500 if you do their intake and dv your already up to 4200 add roughly 1500 for install, call a base fuel kit roughly 1500 add another 600 ish for install. You’re at 7800 already, add 450 for the tune, just a quick example, and then there’s the flex fuel kit if ya choose, bigger injectors, motor mounts etc

Also, UM have done numerous boss kits, I’d trust them over eurodyne at least currently, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Then the “base” precision works fueling comes with 850cc injectors and he can bypass the flex fuel kit. That’s plenty of fuel, they seem to be who UM uses/recommends as of now.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Mines actually going in for the boss600 kit tomorrow. I grabbed the boss600 kit on Black Friday and precision raceworks fueling kit also. Make sure you talk with your tuner or that he talks with UM, there is a part of the fueling kit that’s been recently updated, I don’t remember exactly what but that’s what mine was waiting on for install.

So back to your question, yes you can run that kit on a stock block R, they just limit tq output in the tuning. If you are a current UM customer I believe the tuning up charge is only $450. Also if you want to run full e85 you’ll want to go with big rail injectors 1200cc + and if you do go that route you’ll want UM’s flex fuel kit in addition to the turbo kit and port fueling kit.

Just remember while you should be fine on the stock block, correctly tuned, the 600 can easily push past the limitations of the oem motor. From my research there is a little concern of “valve float” on the 600 kits if you’re constantly beating on it, if it’s more of a daily driver it seems not to be much of a concern. To get the most out of the kit you would want to do head work, so u can wind her out to 8k + and build the bottom end. That being said it seems like a very nice kit on the stock motor with room to grow if u ever decide to build the motor and up the boost into the 30+ psi range, which from my understanding these garret turbos absolutely love.

Anyway, I’ll know more first hand next week, I’m excited for it, those ball bearing turbos sound sweet too! You’re probably looking between 7500-9000 grand installed, depending exactly what injectors you go with, if u buy the flex fuel kit and whatever your shops hourly rate is, it gets pricey quick. Just a quick breakdown, turbo kit roughly 3500 if you do their intake and dv your already up to 4200 add roughly 1500 for install, call a base fuel kit roughly 1500 add another 600 ish for install. You’re at 7800 already, add 450 for the tune, just a quick example, and then there’s the flex fuel kit if ya choose, bigger injectors, motor mounts etc

Also, UM have done numerous boss kits, I’d trust them over eurodyne at least currently, just my 2 cents.

How did the BOSS 600 install/tuning go?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
How did the BOSS 600 install/tuning go?

It’s actually in right now getting turbo kit, fueling and some other goodies installed this weekend, and early next week, if it takes that long. A little maintenance also, dsg flush, plugs, some mounts and then of course data logging fine tuning. I’ll probably get her back middle of next week just in time for some more snow I’m sure lol

I’ll post up a thread next week, some pics and initial impressions.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
DAM, KASPER, you da MAN! I wish I had the balls to do it. I'm just too cheap to do that and buy another car to drive in case the 600 breaks the motor.

How much power do you expect to make?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
DAM, KASPER, you da MAN! I wish I had the balls to do it. I'm just too cheap to do that and buy another car to drive in case the 600 breaks the motor.

How much power do you expect to make?

lol

I expect a minimum 100whp on pump gas over a pump gas “stage 2” setup on my stock block and head, a little more on race fuel. Time will tell soon enough!