GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help with my recent datalog

Navi

Autocross Champion
Alex, glad to see you joined and added some information. Perhaps I was seeing more concentrated mixtures as you stated; causing the misfires. Thanks for joining and contributing to the forums to help us (myself) learn about tuning.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Alex, glad to see you joined and added some information. Perhaps I was seeing more concentrated mixtures as you stated; causing the misfires. Thanks for joining and contributing to the forums to help us (myself) learn about tuning.

Yes this is exactly it. One way to address this is via a tighter plug gap which you have already done. The other option (especially in cool dense air) is to lean things out a little bit and ensure everything else is kept under control and we are using this approach as well.

Navi

Autocross Champion
to keep everyone updated, the lowest I'm seeing for a/f currently is 11.61. Not as low as before, so slowly creeping back up. Will see what happens with next revision. I have been happy with the communication and responses of Stratified as well as their eagerness to work with me though.

Navi

Autocross Champion
update: on the latest revision, I'm seeing a/f closer to what most people said is normal for this platform (around 12.4-12.5). A little bit of knock (-2.62) was introduced so I'll see what the tuner does. He's been very good tuning out small adjustments. I think the final revision will probably be done this month. Car is running strong.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Gotta love it when service providers actually listen to feedback :)

Strat is back in my top 3 list of tuners on MQB.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
We must know!! For real though I'm torn between stratified & 5150.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Since you are local, another option would be dyno tuning at EQT. They are a bit pricey though. That is why I went with 5150.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Realize I never updated this thread. Alex was very good to work with both on my is20 and is38 tune. When he first started my car, I may have been only the 3-4 MK7 GTI he had done, but not he has a huge customer base of GTI and Golf R. I know he did MK6 before but from what I understand the ECU and tuning process is a little different with the MK7. Either way the a/f, boost and timing have all been dialed in. Tune is strong and really pulls. I have been running the is38 tune for about 6k miles and have not had any issues.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Realize I never updated this thread. Alex was very good to work with both on my is20 and is38 tune. When he first started my car, I may have been only the 3-4 MK7 GTI he had done, but not he has a huge customer base of GTI and Golf R. I know he did MK6 before but from what I understand the ECU and tuning process is a little different with the MK7. Either way the a/f, boost and timing have all been dialed in. Tune is strong and really pulls. I have been running the is38 tune for about 6k miles and have not had any issues.
Following - I am on 7th rev on my hybrid setup and the most recent rev (along with cooler air temps) caused misfires above 6k RPM out of nowhere. Waiting on his response to see what's going on...