GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Limits of stock fuel system?

Calubi

Ready to race!
What is the upper limit of the 7R stock fuel system? I’ve seen some conflicting reports, including the R having a different pump than the GTI?

I’m trying to determine a reasonable goal without having to add MPI (at least for now).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Go to APR's website. www.goapr.com

They only show Stage 2. I believe you can fuel enough without port injection to break the car. I think you can still get 450-500 HP without port injection. They use to list Stage 3 without port injection.

Last edited:

Calubi

Ready to race!
All I see there is that their MPI system is required for their turbo upgrade. Nothing about the limits of the stock fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calubi

Ready to race!
So 400whp should be doable on the stock system with 93?

Calubi

Ready to race!
I was more referring to using 93 versus race gas or meth

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
450whp on pump gas. no meth. yes. but it’s pushing the limits of the stk fuel system.
400whp on pump gas. no problem. with the right setup.
my buddy with a hybrid made 390 whp and my buddy with an a3 made 450+ whp. both with completely stk fuel systems.
both of which are doing the precision mpi kit for this year.
if you want 400whp stk will do it. if you want 450+ whp it’s best to add mpi for reliability to the system.

Calubi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info! I’m looking at hybrid turbos and 400whp looks to be a good goal for a street car on 93. I just wanted to make sure the fuel system was up to.

Calubi

Ready to race!
How much extra headroom can we expect with LPFP/HPFP upgrades?