GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo IS38ETR

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Gains look good and you still get decent power in the lower rpm's. Tempting for sure!

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Have you ever tried looking things up yourself instead of making us explain everything to you?

A Dynojet figures out HP and then calculates TQ from Horsepower * 5252 / RPM.

At 5252 RPM the HP and TQ are equal since HP is multiplied by 1, something I have seen on my Dynojet results.

So I'm puzzled why this Dynojet is producing different results? What's the answer?

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
That stunning photo lured me in. Great work on the build - seems quite stable and ready.

Awesome. Love the pic as well.

Also, wow, that is an amazing photo!

Thank you guys, had to take a couple of pics when we had some serious fog roll in.

At 5252 RPM the HP and TQ are equal since HP is multiplied by 1, something I have seen on my Dynojet results.

So I'm puzzled why this Dynojet is producing different results? What's the answer?

I honestly have no idea.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
To alleviate the idle vibration (I had the same issue as did some friends of mine with aftermarket mounts) you have to increase the idle rpms.

There are different ways, your tuner can do that as part of the map. If not possible then vcds can increase these by 50rpms (enough for some cars but not all, to help with the vibration). The third possible option (which I will try next week) is to use VCP (vag can pro) which also has an option for increasing idle rpm. Do not know if this works for MQB cars and the max increase allowed, will have to test it when I have my car back in a week or so.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, this makes a lot of sense because if I put it in 'S' which increases idle RPM then most of the vibration goes away. Will definitely be looking into this further!

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
I do have the Leyo insert which was absolutely perfect with no increased NVH its only now that I have the full replacement mounts that the vibration is harsh! Going to look into increasing idle RPM as my temporary solution.

Thank you for the suggestion!

OBP

Go Kart Newbie

How about looking closer at the graph.

You know, with cutting edge search engines like Ask Jeeves and Bing, we essentially have the sum total of all exigent human knowledge at our fingertips. Which is pretty cool.

But sometimes, my spelling is so bad, I don't even know how to find a word on the internet. Like, the internet has all of the words, and yet, what I write, looks like none of them.

And then there are other times where I am talking to someone who knows what they are talking about, and I'd rather hear it from them than asking a cyber bot. So my point is, if someone asks a question on a forum, and you don't want to answer them, just don't answer them.

It's just a courtesy. Ignore, instead of mock, and the world works better. What I'm saying is, if we treat each other with respect, we can stop snarking each other and get down to the important business of inventing a sex robot that can make an omelette and iron.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
You know, with cutting edge search engines like Ask Jeeves and Bing, we essentially have the sum total of all exigent human knowledge at our fingertips. Which is pretty cool.

But sometimes, my spelling is so bad, I don't even know how to find a word on the internet. Like, the internet has all of the words, and yet, what I write, looks like none of them.

And then there are other times where I am talking to someone who knows what they are talking about, and I'd rather hear it from them than asking a cyber bot. So my point is, if someone asks a question on a forum, and you don't want to answer them, just don't answer them.

It's just a courtesy. Ignore, instead of mock, and the world works better. What I'm saying is, if we treat each other with respect, we can stop snarking each other and get down to the important business of inventing a sex robot that can make an omelette and iron.

dilly dilly

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Basically most dyno sheets are scaled to allow for the pretty lines to fit on a sheet of paper.

With the Dynojet results I have the shop email me the pulls rather than print anything out there. The Winpep run viewer is available from Dynojet and then I can compare pulls from different sessions or apply atmospheric correction factors, or not, plus a few other customizations. I have a habit of setting the HP and TQ axis scales to be equal so I forgot that they might be scaled differently by someone else.

Loonster

Ready to race!
The photo is off the charts good. Amazing contrast in color, excellent shading.