GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace Possible Group Buy.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
It appears that you can still order a UBQ in either color directly from the unibrace website (it lets you add it to the cart and proceed to check out) unlike other items which display as unavailable. Do you need to be on the group buy if that's the only piece we're after?

Edit: spoke to Bruce, they are not accepting orders via the website and are out of stock. Group buy is the only way to get a UBQ. Count one more in for the group buy.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It appears that you can still order a UBQ in either color directly from the unibrace website (it lets you add it to the cart and proceed to check out) unlike other items which display as unavailable. Do you need to be on the group buy if that's the only piece we're after?

Edit: spoke to Bruce, they are not accepting orders via the website and are out of stock. Group buy is the only way to get a UBQ. Count one more in for the group buy.

Thanks for follow up and sharing.
Yes, becoming a rare item.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Any way to get a piece count total for red items once the order period closes? Just curious to see if we met the minimum and we'll be able to get them in red or if they'll all be coming in black.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Damn. How can I stay up to date on a future group buy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not really and easy way.
At times during the year Bruce might decide to try one for interest.
If he does it will just be posted here. You will need to just be checking weekly.
You can buy through other sources.
Google unibrace vw gti mk7. Look for the German aftermarket vendors who sell them. See if they can order what you want. I feel the UBQ in worth it.
Good shopping.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
No worries. I'll keep an eye out. I appreciate Bruce offering these group buys, so if possible I'd prefer to buy direct to keep supporting him and the community.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
For those that have already installed the UBQ - how did you access the underbody? Ramps, jack stands, lift? I only ask because I was planning on using ramps or jack stands, but was worried about the brace lining up with the bolt holes if the car wasn't perfectly balanced and the body flexes. If it's a potential issue, I can wait a month until I can get it on a lift, but I'd like to put it in sooner.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
For those that have already installed the UBQ - how did you access the underbody? Ramps, jack stands, lift? I only ask because I was planning on using ramps or jack stands, but was worried about the brace lining up with the bolt holes if the car wasn't perfectly balanced and the body flexes. If it's a potential issue, I can wait a month until I can get it on a lift, but I'd like to put it in sooner.

The car does need to be level.
Did not hear is wheels supported or not mattered.
Not a hard install but I would have to use two jack stands and two wheel stands and not be sure how level. I used a local non VW shop. One of mechanics had owned a GTI so was familiar with them. I provided the blue loctite and it took them about 40 min from time they got in car and pulled back around. So on lift 20min and 10min more letting me look at it with them and talking GTI's. I paid them $60. This was the estimate, but did not take as long. I paid the estimate to get on the shops good side incase I need more work later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro