GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB ECS Flush Kit

mk7uccess

Hi there,

Looking to get a ECS Flush kit, was gonna buy new for $169 + free shipping off their website but I wanted to see if someone was willing to let theirs go for a bit lower, shipped.

Regards,
Rafi

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't. Pay up and get the H&R spacers. The ECS ones caused vibration and I went through 2 sets in mine and they all caused an out of balance type of vibration. They even censored a negative review I left for them. I later went with H&R. They are MUCH better built.

mk7uccess

Don't. Pay up and get the H&R spacers. The ECS ones caused vibration and I went through 2 sets in mine and they all caused an out of balance type of vibration. They even censored a negative review I left for them. I later went with H&R. They are MUCH better built.

Wow advice taken. I just got H&R Springs so might as well go with them for spacers too! Thanks man!

Regards,
Rafi

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
i have the ECS 15 F and 20 R spacer kit and i have no vibration for over 30k. I'm wondering if iflyforfood didn't get the bolts mixed up. Just one makes all the difference. Rears are 2mm longer than front, and VW accidently mixed one up and my car vibrated. I had a suspicion that they may of done this, and took them all out, and yep one long one in the front and short one in the rear is all it took... Its easy and almost becomes an optical illusion when you have them all out.. Actually i sat a level on them to be sure fronts were going on the fronts and rears going on the rears the last time i installed them.

iflyforfood

Passed Driver's Ed
I've torn engines apart I know what I'm doing. That was the first thing I checked. I spent a whole week where on a daily basis I was unbolting them and retorquing them using different techniques, to the point of psychiatric levels of OCD anal-retentivenes. I would spend 15 mintues per wheel just carefully hand tightening lug nuts one by one in a star pattern then gently torquing them and triple checking the torque specs, wheels in the air or on the ground, didn't matter. I would even swap the spacers between left/right sides and ultimately had a shop balance my wheels with the spacers on. Nothing improved the vibration.

I believe they were out of round somehow. And to be honest, the vibration was minor, to the point that random friends riding my car wouldn't even notice when I asked them, but I sure as hell did, specially since I got them when the car didn't even have 1000 miles on them and these things are silky smooth.

So I got fed up, went H&R and I was back to stock levels of NVH. Just holding them in my hands I could tell they were much much better quality.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Just buy them on eBay. I don't see the need to spend so much for some spacers. Cost me ~$70 (with a 10% eBay promotion) for some 13mm and 20mm including new bolts. Almost 3k miles and no wobbles.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
That's what she said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hah!

Also I had the ecs spacers (10/15) before I went with the summer wheel set up. I had very slight but noticeable vibration above 70 mph or so. I didn't like that it was there, but it was tolerable until I changed the wheel setup. Don't know if that is normal for ecs spacers or not, but I wouldn't buy them again because of my experience.