odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I would do a search on these here. Some are good and some bad.

I've just decided to stick to OEM.

Not saying you're making a mistake, the OEM stuff works, but have you actually seen reviews of the rear HD mounts? I've only seen reviews of the front mounts and they are mixed. I have a set of the rears incoming now, just interested to see what you've read, since I couldn't find anything.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
are there reviews anywhere?

I said few, but I should have said I know of no one stating they have installed the new 034 rear mounts. Had they been available I would have used when my front 034 Mounts were installed. I think rears are low risk as rear suspension has less use. I like the front 034 Mounts and would likely like the rear.
I would like to try the very new front mounts but need to check how angle change affects DD and tire wear. I had hoped the new 034 mount would have used a different end mount bearing.

afman916

Ready to race!
Was just looking at the rears yesterday actually and wondering if they're worth the pick up...had planned on doing front when I install my Koni Yellows this spring, but this is the first I had really heard of mixed reviews on the 034 fronts.

Can someone clue me in as to the issues people have been having? Noisy?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Was just looking at the rears yesterday actually and wondering if they're worth the pick up...had planned on doing front when I install my Koni Yellows this spring, but this is the first I had really heard of mixed reviews on the 034 fronts.

Can someone clue me in as to the issues people have been having? Noisy?

Not to completely hijack this FS thread, but to clarify my statement about mixed reviews: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37532

I'd say over 90% of suspension installs that result in squeaks were probably not installed completely correct, especially in regards to tightening and assembling the front shock/spring/mount. BUT, there does seem to be a % of mounts that just make noise.

I had 034s on my last car (2012 CC) and they squeaked paired with ST coilovers. The OEM mounts I used on a different setup were quiet.

I currently have ECS HD mounts on my MK7, and only the driver side squeaks when cold, between 45-65 degrees, until the car warms up and then it's quiet.

I don't want to damn all 034 (or HD/non-OEM) mounts but it could be a "your mileage may vary" part.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
are there reviews anywhere?

I’ve had the 034 rear mounts installed for about a month now, but SuperPro trailing arm bushes went in at the same time. So while I can’t give an objective review I can say I’m finally happy with the rear end

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'd say over 90% of suspension installs that result in squeaks were probably not installed completely correct, especially in regards to tightening and assembling the front shock/spring/mount. BUT, there does seem to be a % of mounts that just make noise.

I would agree with this. A lot of it comes down to user installation. I know this from installing and removing my suspension a couple times. Not replacing some one time bolts led to a squeak, and not torquing a couple things to spec led to noise as well. I have the 034 mounts and they made noise until I double checked everything and replaced some bolts that shouldn't have been reused.

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
I will take them, can you pm me your PayPal info please.

I had the entire street density line on my b5 and loved everything about them.