GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo inlet/PCV pipe covered in oil

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
As title states, the turbo inlet pipe and the PCV inlet pipe are covered in oil externally.I have not inspected the inside yet.
2016 GTI, car has 10,000km on the clock and was serviced about 1500 km's ago at VW.

I have a friend that works for the local VW tech department and just from looking at the images below he says it needs to be inspected as it looks abnormal.

Anyone else come across this?

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 4,447
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 3,706

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Has no one come across this before?

I gave it a clean and to be honest there was not a whole lot of oil on it, just a thin layer with some dust on top of it.
I believe the PCV hose might not have been seated well and the vapor escaped so I pulled the plug, cleaned it and reseated it into the inlet hose.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
It’s normal to have some oil film there, on the inside of the turbo inlet.

You have to much on the outside.

/Peter

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I wiped it all down. A very thin coat has resurfaced altough the entire area is clean in general.
Will have it inspected next service.
I suspect it might be a slight leak from the O-ring on the breather pipe or perhaps a faulty inlet pipe.

No oil loss, codes or issues otherwise.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
This hose is just another area where they would cheap out on parts I guess.
I had a look at the end that connects to the head.. it also had a very soft layer of oil on it. I’m guessing there is a very small leak where the hose connects to the end fittings.
Otherwise car idles fine and have had no PCV related codes.

If I want to fix at the dealer I’ll have to remove the APR DP and JB4. Thats why I’d rather wait a few months for my next service and then get it looked at and replaced.
ECS kit looks solid, but I’ll go that rout if the warrenty fix doesn’t work out.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Agreed, appears to be cheapo extremo. Since my hose was bad, I just cut it in half to speed up removal. The plastic is quite hard and thin, it's hard to imagine these hold up very long in hot, dry climates.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Agreed, appears to be cheapo extremo. Since my hose was bad, I just cut it in half to speed up removal. The plastic is quite hard and thin, it's hard to imagine these hold up very long in hot, dry climates.
That’s a spot on description of a summer in Israel haha. I live on the coast so it gets friggin humid but still very relevant.
That pipe looks like junk, I thought it was made from some sort of rubber!! Gosh..
So did you get the ECS kit?

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
That’s a spot on description of a summer in Israel haha. I live on the coast so it gets friggin humid but still very relevant.
That pipe looks like junk, I thought it was made from some sort of rubber!! Gosh..
So did you get the ECS kit?

I can attest to this... the humidity in Herzliya was gross in September. LOL

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I can attest to this... the humidity in Herzliya was gross in September. LOL
Thats where I live!! And the GTI drives like shit in our summer compared to winter time.
Was running absolute map on JB4 in the summer and it just wasn’t feeling it.

BTW leaking from the pipe did start after summer..
Im heading out to NYC next week, might just order the ECS kit and bring it back with me, is only 85 dollars.

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
Thats where I live!! And the GTI drives like shit in our summer compared to winter time.
Was running absolute map on JB4 in the summer and it just wasn’t feeling it.

BTW leaking from the pipe did start after summer..
Im heading out to NYC next week, might just order the ECS kit and bring it back with me, is only 85 dollars.

Hah, cool. : )

I was there for work - it was a very cool city. The taxi drivers are maniacs though - i though I was going to die on the drive from Ben Gurion.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
So far so good. I did 50 miles of spirited driving yesterday at full operating temps with it set to outside ventilation. Hope it stays this way for good. Of course I'll update if it changes.